Myadence

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with Myadence author of Pink Hues. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about this Wattpad community program?

Myadence: I found the program through some announcements from people who were excited about the mentor list being published.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

Myadence: A few months ago I started writing Pink Hues just for me and some friends. One day, my dad and I were at the bookstore we go to often, and he pointed out that a whole section there was published by a website called Wattpad. Later that week, after I looked into it a bit, I had a really rough day with my physical health and desperately needed something positive, so I signed up and posted the first few chapters.

I really love the interaction between authors and readers that Wattpad provides. Knowing that people are waiting on the next chapter really helps with motivation to write.

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2023 Wattys?

Myadence: I just love pirates and fairy tales! As a child, I was captivated by their adventurous tales and enchanting worlds. However, as I grew older, I wanted to infuse complexity into these familiar narratives, to challenge the notion of a simple 'happily ever after.' I wanted to explore the depths of their characters and introduce elements of difficulty and struggle within a fairytale-like setting. This desire to push the boundaries of traditional storytelling and dive into the complexities of human nature motivated me to create a story that blends fairytales and dark thrillers, while still staying far away from the dark fairytale retelling genre.

BCM:. If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

Myadence: Complex, empowering, and adventurous.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

Myadence: Ashley taught me a lot about outlining, and it's made my life so much easier! I used to just keep a checklist of all the major plot points I had to hit within the story and go from there, but the block method she taught me is so much more efficient.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

Myadence: Near Touch by Gauravaaditya is a story about the relationship and mystery between a human girl and a ghost. I was so sad when it ended, but I'm eagerly looking forward to whatever @Gauravaaditya is writing next!

Another good one is Birch Hill High by keenle1. This story is full of supernatural dangers and romance. It's written like a book you could find in a bookstore. All of the dialogue is realistic and witty, it's a great read.

Thank you, Myadence. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

More BCM spotlight interviews are on the way!