Chapter 5

It was coming closer to midday. Peter had left Mr Wilson to his privacy to change into the tops the clinic finally provided and was planning on returning soon to begin his conversation with his patient.

Well, conversation if Mr Wilson was willing to talk to him- if not then Peter could do the talking and...

"How would Mr Wilson reply?" He wondered aloud at his desk, pausing his typing on the keyboard. It wasn't like Peter could keep guessing as Mr Wilson nodded or shook his head...

He had been in the midst of typing up his current notes into a document but stopped to nibble on his nails as he thought before quickly turning a new page to his small notebook where he kept most his notes.
There was also hand gestures if Mr Wilson didn't know any sign language but Peter was worried that, while he's good at reading body language, he might not be good at charades. Not that he has played ever, his uncle and aunt being too old to play when he was younger.

Tapping his pen against the paper he thought...
Mute people use sign language so there's that but Peter isn't sure Mr Wilson knows sign language... he writes the idea down anyway.

They could also maybe let the man borrow some paper to draw what he meant or perhaps they can book a type to speech...
With mind scattering for complicated solutions he froze, blinking down at the page.

"Right...writing" he mumbled, noting it down along with the other ideas.

Once happy with his ideas, he returned to work, hoping to finish in time in order to grab himself a coffee before heading towards Mr Wilson's room.

"Parker" Peter heard as he cleaned his glasses on his knitted vest, he squinted down at the object with cup of coffee neatly placed besides him on the table before finally registering someone was speaking to him. He lift his gaze.

"Ned" Peter smiled, quickly recognising the other "Hey, what's up?" He asked as the other took a seat in front of him.

"Not much...ermm" Ned hesitated before sighing with a sad smile "Harry still insists on seeing you but... I still don't think it's safe"

"Is he alright" Peter couldn't help the small frown that made itself present

"Sure! Yeah- he's good just..." Ned rubbed the back of his neck, eyeing down his own drink which was just a cup of water. Peter wondered if the man had grabbed it only to have a reason to talk to him.

"He's just not good with you, I guess" Ned winced

"Ah, makes sense" Peter nodded, placing his glasses down to drink

"That's it?" Ned asked "I thought you'd be more upset..."

"Healing takes time and- well, Harry has a lot of healing to do" Peter said, swirling the drink before another gulp. He wouldn't lie, he still felt deeply guilty from having being present during Mr Osborn's death and unable to do much to help. Just like Harry...Peter sometimes felt as though he had been the one who truly killed the man.

"If Harry needs something to blame the loss of his father on... then I don't mind being it until he is ready" Peter gave an understanding smile "Plus... He does have good reason to blame me anyway" he shrugged

"Dude-" Ned shook his head "It wasn't your fault, just an accident- they happen" he frowned, his hand twitching away from the cup as if to reach Peter before settling back down "If you go by that logic, Harry should blame the ambulance that didn't get there fast enough or the people surrounding the accident or-"

"I get it Ned" Peter smiled, unsure if it was convincing enough "but none of those are to blame, I'm the one who decided to try play hero"

"You were trying to stop his bleeding" Ned confronted