Chapter 14

The time had come. The moment Peter would get to meet Wade face to face, no. mask in between.

He was slightly nervous but in a more giddy way rather than the anxiousness of this morning, thanks to their earlier hand holding session.
Peter had been alright with Wade’s hands and now knew what sort of touch to use, he also knew what to expect of the man’s temperature so he knew he would be fine.

Now he could fully focus on making the other comfortable.

Setting Wade’s chair a bit further away from the table so Peter had space to walk around the other, Peter made sure his measurement materials were set properly, lining each according to the steps and making sure the notepad was close for notes.

He had quickly made a small table, with width and lengh columns as well the names of the sections he is to measure such as the nose, jaw and so on.

“Whenever you feel ready” he said patiently, smiling down at the other who began to fidget with his blanket once again, glove having been placed back on.

Wade looked up at Peter, his head reaching Peter’s chest despite being sat down.
From here, he looked almost small, eyes looking up like a lost child, afraid and asking for guidance.

“It’s alright, Wade” Peter leaned down slightly to be near his eye level “Your scars haven’t bothered me in the slightest” he reassures and Wade looks away, fidgeting a moment more before lifting his hands.

His hands shook but unlike the gloves, which had taken a moment longer of reassurance, he removed his mask quickly, eyes shut tightly once again.

Peter was taken aback by the quick development but quickly fixed his posture, eyes roaming around the man’s face.

He was bald, scars that were present on his hand stretching past his head. They painted Wade’s head and face, lips seeming almost untouched- almost. His lips seemed to carry a scar that hadn’t been caused by the fire but Peter didnt mention it.
The structure of his face was defined, strong. High deep cheekbones present, pairing well with the strong wide jaw and well sculpted nose bridge, Peter was almost jealous of it- compared to his weird “depressed baby” face, Wade was like a model.

Peter hadn’t realize he had began brushing the bridge of the man’s nose until two big, bright blue eyes looked up at him in surprise.

“Sorry” he quickly apologized, hand retracting as he felt himself flush at the man’s slacked jaw “You had such a nice nose” he complimented “sorry” he shook his head, realizing the weird compliment.

Wade only kept staring, eyes looking up at Peter who awkwardly pulled on his own sleeves at the attention.

“Your eyes are really blue” he commented, cringing at the words and quickly turning to get the measuring tape.

Without the mask to cover the other, Peter could see how blue the man’s eyes really were, almost a pale blue that was so wonderful to look at.

“You know, I used to be afraid of people with blue eyes” Peter began to babble, mentally slapping himself when the other quickly looked down- What had gotten into him? Why was he so nervous??

“What I meant was…” Peter struggled to come back from whatever he had just said “Blue eyed people have these eyes that seem like they can look into your soul, kind of” he explained a bit embarrassed “not to mention,every conversation I have with someone with blue yes its like they dont blink…” he continued even though his brain desperately told himself to be quiet.

There was a small snort that came from the other who shook his head lightly enough to almost be unnoticeable, Peter sighed in relief, even if Wade’s gaze was still down.

“Blue eyes are always in poems, you know?” Peter walked closer, unsure if Wade would think best if he started measuring behind or in front of him “Songs too, theyre always described beautifully” he continued to ramble, deciding to stand in front of the other as he was in the military, he’d probably want to see Peter’s movements.

Wade glanced up momentarily at Peter, his eyes widening slightly when they made eye contact before returning to the ground.

“I was always nervous around people with blue eyes” Peter smiled gently “Your eyes though…” he paused, lowering himself and tilting his head into Wade’s vision “theyre like a grey blue, gentle and nice to look at” he tried to ease the other “It doesnt make me feel nervous or any of that sort” he felt his smile widen when Wade looked up at him at last.

Now with Wade back at his attention, Peter stood straight once again, nodding to himself at the noticeable contrast of Wade’s red skin and blue eyes.

“I’ll start measuring now” Peter warned the other “tell me if your uncomfortable or if it hurts” he leaned in when Wade nodded, body going rigid as he sat with perfect posture.

Peter gently began to lean the tape against Wade’s face and around his crown, lining up the numbers and making sure he was doing so correctly by removing the tape and redoing it again to see if he got the same result, all the while, trying to keep his hands off Wade’s skin, afraid of making him uncomfortable.

“You know… blue is my favorite color” Peter began once again, watching Wade’s eyes snap to him from the corner of his eye “Red coming in second” e winked playfully at the other, liking to find something in common with Wade.

Wade wiggled in his seat slightly, eyes avoiding Peter once again but it seemed more due to the proximity with the other rather than discomfort. Kind of like how you go to the dentist and aren’t sure if you should look at them, close your eyes or just look anywhere else.

As Wade began to fidget with his hands, Peter turned to write down the measurements before returning once again to measure his face features.
Wade seemed to settle on closing his eyes now, having Peter much closer than before. Thankfully, his breath, which had been slightly quicker than natural, had called into a relaxed pace, hitching every so often to just take a deep breath like Wade was controlling himself to not panic.

Peter frowned slightly, the bright lights casting strong shadows on the man’s face, making it hard for him to take the size numbers.
Slowly, Peter placed a soft hand beneath the man’s jaw, marveled for a moment at the texture of the scars once again mixed with the strong structure that lay beneath it. Such moment cut short with the way Wade’s eyes snapped open and his arms flew up as if to stop Peter

“It’s alright” Peter whispered just because the room had grown quiet, not wanting to disturb the peace that had set in.

Wade’s wide eyes didnt leave him as he gently lift the man’s face towards the light. Wade’s eyes didnt leave him as he began to take measurements from his cheek bones, hands lightly brushing his cheek. Wade’s eyes didnt leave him as he walked away to write the numbers down once again.

Peter leaned down the table to write the numbers down, mumbling to himself every so often as he double checked his writing. Once finished he turned back to Wade with a smile

“We’re finished-“

“I have a daughter”

Peter stumbled slightly at the sudden combination of not only face but words. The sentence hanging heavy in the peaceful atmosphere the two had created in the small room.
The brunette stared wide eyed, unable to control his expression properly due to the surprise of the revelation. So many revelations in just a day…

“Is that so?” Peter says, finally taking in the words and relaxing his features.

Wade seemed to take a deep breath, huffing out a shaky sigh with a hand to his chest, seeming to have been nervous to share the information, himself.

“Yeah”