Chapter 51

Perhaps this wasn’t a good idea.

Sure, he had been excited and quickly agreed, Peter had said everything was signed and he had full permission to go if he so wanted to.

Pacing in his room, Wade has a mask fully pulled down, glancing at the digital watch every so often to check the time. Peter hadn’t come to the session today since they were leaving at noon, so Wade was all alone (he had permission to not be in his room but let him be dramatic, okay?!) with his thought.
He wore a black shirt, hoping the dark color wouldn’t bring any more attention to himself. His pants were soft and matched shirt, also dark, annoyingly without any strings to make sure it doesn’t fall but he’ll just have to go with it. The shoes were easy slip ons, the soles white but the rest black as well to match his “Am I a criminal or a super spy” look.

What if, because of him, Ellie’s friends wouldn’t want to be friends with her anymore?

What if she gets embarrassed by him or doesn't want him to come at all??

What of the parents around kick him out before he even makes it to his seat?

What if-

“Wade?” a gentle hand is on his arm and Wade yelps. Quickly, he grabs the hand and turns the attacker around, shoving him to the wall on instinct.
Breathing heavily, Wade feels the mask puff out and in as he breathes, looking at the mess of curls in front of him.

“Uhm-“ Peter turns his head slightly, his cheek pressed against the wall as he tries to look at Wade. He isn’t wearing glasses today.

“Deep breaths, Wade” he instructs and Wade furrows his brows on why the man has his back to him and OH MY GOD WADE IS PINNING HIM TO THE WALL- STOP IT WADE- LET GO OF HI-

“Sorry!” Wade gasps, letting go and putting his hands up and immediately pressing himself against the opposite wall, lenses wide.
Now free, Peter sighs lightly in relief and rolls his shoulders before he turns to Wade with an understanding smile.

“It’s okay, Wade” Peter says, stepping closer and stopping a few straps away from Wade, giving him a bit of space “I shouldn’t have scared you like that, sorry” he apologizes instead

“Is everything alright? Something on your mind?” he asks with a small head tilt

“am fine” Wade croaks, eyes looking down at his shoes, he feels awkward for not being yelled at “Not-“ he coughs and shakes his head, throat tight. He wanted to ask if he had to wear that stupid jacket but couldn't bring himself to ask.

“You can talk to me” Peter takes one more step forward, slow as he reaches out his hand for Wade to take “but I won’t force you”

When Wade looks back up to Peter, he is met with warm cacao eyes, a kind smile and soft small hand reaching for him.
Swallowing down the lump in his throat, Wade feels his heart drum against his chest as he slowly places his gloved hand on Peter’s. For once, he feels like it’s a different sort of anxiety in his chest. For once, he wishes he wasn’t wearing gloves.

In the end, the two leave the facility without talking things over inside. Peter leads them to the garage before he opens the door of the car for Wade and the man would playfully swoon if he wasn’t busy being anxious.

“Wade, it’s okay” Peter reassures as he sits next to him in the driver’s seat “if you dont think you are ready you don’t have to-“

“What if I get her in trouble?” Wade blurts out suddenly, shoulders to his ears and tense, voice too loud.

Peter jumps slightly and looks at him with slightly wide eyes, Wade notes that his green jacket is wet which means it’s raining outside, probably the reason his hair was so messy and curly.