Chapter 10

The way to Wade Wilson’s room had never been so complicated.
Peter was making his way towards there, or at least he had believed that he was because he found himself taking a wrong turn that just happened to bring him dangerously close to Steve Rogers’ patient.

Nearly bumping against a wall, Peter swiftly turned around to re-trace his steps, cursing for underestimating how tired he was. Steve was right about Peter needing sleep but Peter was also right, he needed to do this and the sooner the better- If he wasn’t going to try to get his patient at least some sort of freedom then nobody would.

Finding himself in front of the familiar door, that looked exactly the same as every other apart from the name plate at the front (and a pencil scratch near the handle that Peter scribbled so he didn't have to check the name everytime), Peter knocked on the door, aware of the fact that his usual firm knocks came out softer than usual.

“Mr Wilson?” he called “Wade?” he corrected “Are you awake?”

There was shuffling inside the room before Peter heard a knock back on the door, Peter sighed and took his card to unlock the door and make his way in.

“Hey” he breathed, a corner of his mind asking if perhaps he was too sleepy to talk to his patient- he needed to be aware of everything after all. He ignored it.

Wade seemed taken aback by Peter, his eyes looking him up and down with confusion before he settled for tilting his head, an unspoken question. Peter smiled, gesturing lazily at the small table, finding the need to sit.

“Sorry for coming so early” Peter quickly apologized as he flopped down on the chair, feeling his weight double “I needed to speak with you” he mumbled, rubbing at his eye to try rub away the blurriness of his vision.

Blinking at Peter with surprise, probably due to how unprofessional Peter was at the moment, Wade finally pulled out his sit and sat down, much more gracefully than the other.
He seemed tense, as if awaiting some bad news from the clearly tired psychologist. Still, Wade slowly reached forward to fix Peter’s glasses, which had been tilted.

“So… I contacted a tailor” Peter began, far too tired to notice the small act of trust as he placed his arms on the table and used them to keep himself up “Thinking about it now, I should’ve probably asked your opinion before hand” he paused, watching Wade’s input.

Wade shook his head, quickly standing to grab his notebook before returning.
He paused.

“fuckin-“ the larger man grunted, standing up again to get a handful of pens and crayons. Peter only blinked lazily.

“I asked a few tailors about making a mask” Peter continued, forgetting to wait for Wade’s writing “One of them replies- I can show you their portfolio if you want to check before ordering” he was already pulling out his phone.

Nodding instead of writing, Wade took the phone to see the tailor’s works. Eyes shining as he noticed the many well made dresses as well as cosplay outfits, one of the masks demonstrated was much alike a bird’s skull that opened and closed.

Wade placed the phone down, scribbling out quickly with a crayon “Looks great!!!”

“Good” Peter gave a lopsided smile and nodded “She will need measurements” he rest his chin on his arms now, practically laying on the table now “but I’m not sure if you are okay with strangers touching you, much less seeing your scars”

Usually, Peter would have phrased it better. He would’ve avoided saying the word “scars” in order not to remind the other and would’ve been much gentler with his words… But Peter, again, was far too tired to even think of such things.

Wade visibly tensed, crayon breaking in his fist as he stood upright, considering.

“I can ask if it’s possible taking measurements with your…mask on and-“ he stopped to lean back and roll his neck back, the sound of his bones popping filling the room before he relaxed back against the chair “I can also ask her if I can do the measurements myself, if you’d prefer that” his eyes were on the ceiling light, squinting at it as he thought on why the hell it was so bright.

“Ive done some sewing before” Peter continued, unaware of the other’s writing “so I think I can manage”

A knock made him look back down at the other, Wade knocking against the table to get his attention.

“I prefer you” it was written and Peter nodded in understanding

“Even if she says your mask must be off?” he asks just to be sure, eyes trailing down at Wade’s gloved, trembling, hands.

Wade audibly gulped before nodding rapidly, eyes shut tight under the make-shift mask.

“Okay” Peter yawned, as if the man before him wasn’t just throwing all his trust at him. He made movement to stand, jumping when Wade slammed his notebook down and began to rapidly write.

Peter relaxed in his seat again, placing his phone in his pocket while he waited.

“Are you ok?” The paper read, a big eyed emoji face looking worried. Peter chuckled.

“huh-uh” he nodded “just stayed late last night” he explained

“Did something happen?” Wade wrote down before adding “You didnt come yesterday” and again “thought I scared you away”

“No…” Peter frowned at the thought, recalling where they last left off. Certainly Wade might have thought Peter got frustrated with him for not answering a question…

“I was busy doing some work” he shrugged “Thought you might want some space after I invaded it- so I just took the chance to do some things” he explained, watching as Wade already began to write furiously.

“Was it hitler wanna be??” the paper had a bad drawing of his manager, Jameson, with angry eyebrows and a large cigar. Peter laughed, covering his mouth as he reached for the paper to look at it properly.

Wade seemed to freeze at the action, Peter taking a crayon himself as he doodled two balls on the cigar to make it seem Jameson was eating a… wiener.

“No…” Peter snickered at his own addition as he returned the paper “It wasn’t him, I just had some extra things to do- I knew I wouldn’t be able to sleep until I did them” he explained, grinning as Wade let out a short bark of laughter and surprise, shoulders shaking as he held back laughing any further.

“Oh yeah-“ Peter suddenly remembered, standing to get ready to finish the rest of his duties “Why dont you design the sort of mask you want?” He asked “get some ideas down if you want anything specific, I know you dont want to wear a mask that looks out of… a - out of a- yeah” Peter gestured to the corner where the mask now had a mouth with sharp teeth and angry eyebrows.

Wade quite literally squealed in delight, seeming to like the idea to designing his own mask.

“Well then” Peter already was at the door “Next time we see each other I assure you that I will be showered and wont ‘look like death’” he joked, quoting Steve with a deep voice before smiling.

Wade waved as the door closed, Peter only nodded a goodbye.

“Now” Peter slapped his hands against his cheeks to wake up, nodding “Send the report to Jameson and hopefully its approved to be sent to Mr Stark” he began marching towards the office room “Send email to tailor, get some food in my system” he began to list with a nod at his own logic “and hopefully a power nap before I get cleaned up” he added.