Part 17: I won't stand still 🔞

18+Mature content warning. Violence and some gore.

Min-jae tripped in a failed effort to correct his fall through the tight alley. Staggering over a fallen trash can and it's debris.

Taking the opportunity before me, I lunged and tackled him to the ground. Ignoring the scrapes of the pavement, as my fist connected to his face.

"Admit what you did!" I screamed while throwing another punch. The pain that radiated through my knuckles was nothing compared to the sheer satisfaction of striking his pretty face repeatedly. The image of his lips on Jimin haunted me, yet again.

Hoseok yanked me from behind, separating me from Min-jae. I kicked at his body curled up on the ground. "Stop it Joonie, you're gonna kill him!"

"I hope I do!" My body was hot with fury.

Hoseok dragged me back further, attempting to use all of his weight in effort to contain me.

I really am becoming a monster.

Min-jae sat up, blood oozing from his mouth. The color similarly matched his red hair. He spit and wiped the remaining across his lips, smearing it.

"Speak! Tell the truth about your involvement in everything, or I swear he will not be able to hold me back." I demanded.

"Okay!" He threw up a hand in defeat. He coughed and spit again. He looked like a crazed and cornered animal. His breath was hollow as he tried to form his next words. "I was planning to scheme against just BTS, because Hybe wouldn't take me as an idol. What I didn't realize at first, was that I bit off more than I could chew with it. So, I targeted the next best thing...you Namjoon." He shrugged, then displayed a scornful expression.

"You have all the fame, money, prestige, Hybe and...Jimin. Everything you want at your beckoning call. It's not fair. After seeing your anger and jealousy over him that night at the award show, It was perfect. The goal was to upset Jimin and chase him back into my arms. Unfortunately it chased him out into the street!" He cackled, hinting no remorse of the statement.

Lunging forward again without success, I kicked at anything my foot could reach of his body. Struggling to release from the grip that held me. "Bastard!"

Hoseok shuddered to himself at the sound of the cackle. "And Celeste? Why involve her?" He asked with his head pressed into my back, arms locked around me in desperation of keeping us both in place.

Min-jae gave a bored look, despite his now beaten features. The height of his fear starting to decline. He was growing more arrogant by the second. "Oh Celeste? my naive distant cousin?"

He put an emphasis on distant.

"Her motive was money. She was down in ratings and her clubs were soon to be bankrupt. I loaned her enough to stay afloat."

I scoffed "You aren't successful enough to loan that kind of money."

"My dad is, he owns Imperial Law firm. Didn't ya know?" He stated matter of factly.

"You didn't have the talent to join Hybe, so you used connections and money to get where you are now. How pathetic. I feel sorry for your group. I had to start from the bottom and fight my way up you spoiled brat."

"Anyways" Min-jae scowled, rolling his eyes. "So in turn Celeste, lured Chung the way she lured you. Under the false guise of meeting with a business proposal. A proposal to join my Dads law firm. Have more power as a executive. Obviously I couldnt have been the one to do it. Too suspicious. What a stupid and incompetent man. He was so insecure with his position at Hybe that he took the bait, knowing he didn't have the qualifications. Upon his arrival, she directed one of her club girls to join at his side with drinks, get cozy. Then click click."

He motioned his hands as if he was holding an imaginary camera. "What fun, too bad you had to find out." Tossing his head back laughing again with a twinge of insanity, his teeth were stained red. Leaving blood that hadn't yet dried on display for us to see.

Hoseok nudged me. "Cmon Joonie...let's go."

I raised my fist as if I would strike again. Min-jae brought up his hands cowering behind them. "You're just as demented as your cousin. Stay away from me and the other members, or I won't stand still."

I fully intend to drag him to hell if I see him again. I would gladly risk it all to protect them.