xlvi. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

lowercase intended !

slight tws : smoking, lesphobic slurs

┊ ➶ 。˚ ° s4; chapter two, act three ✧

.*eddie munsons belt loop

a/n : hey loves HAPPY READING ( comment pls cuz u guys are my loves and reading your feedback makes me smile and laugh ! ilyallsm )

MARCH 21ST 1986.

HAWKINS, INDIANA

HAWKINS, INDIANA

" IF WE PLAY, DO WE GET ONE OF THOSE COOL t-shirts ? " max smiled sarcastically, looking over at dustin.

joan was sat on the step, cigarette in her mouth and lighter in the other. okay, we know joan was so against jade smoking weed, but we all have our coping mechanisms.

and when max stopped replying, joan would continuously spiral into a loop thinking about that night, her mother and all sorts and she would smoke a few to calm her nerves. and it had just been a thing she picked up, and she became addicted and had no intention to stop soon.

max only found out today when joan pulled out a cigarette, lit it and smoked like it was nothing. max was shocked, mad and a little sad. her mother would smoke alot now, and seeing joan do it for the same reason. grief and hurt, it made her hurt even more. she didnt like the smell, no one did it was pungent and it stuck around.

" yes ! " dustin laughed, pulling away at his over shirt and smiling.

dustin never really understood sarcasm. not with jade, and not with max. the two most sarcastic party members you could meet. we know max and jade didn't get along during 1985, but the three months joan was in a coma they grew closer. somehow, cause jade never left her room.

" really ? "
" everyone gets a-shirt. we make 'em ourselves, and if you . . . " dustin trailed off, finally catching onto maxs sarcasm.