Chapter 28

Team building? Seriously Josh? This is going to be such a disaster.

When Josh has an idea in his head, he doesn't let it go easily.

------------

Together, we arrive at a building that says in big neon letters, "escape room."

As if the thought of working with Tristan and Remco wasn't bad enough, now we have this. Probably one of those science escape rooms, where you have to solve all sorts of facts. As we step inside, my courage sinks in.

"Seriously Josh!? Did you really pick the horror house," I sigh in frustration. I thought Josh was as much of a scaredy-cat as I am, why would he choose this. "Max, I made a mistake. You know I would never choose something like this.

"C'mon Josh, you know we'll beat those two in no time," Tristan is pushing my brother. I'm surprised that Tristan chooses Josh, "are you really choosing Josh over me," I say indignantly to Tristan.

"He's not nearly as scared as you are," Tristan says, confident. He's going to get a big scary guy with him when he gets inside, but I let them go together.

Now I can hang out with Remco for longer. We each step into a different door, and then the time starts. Of course, Tristan wants to win. He is so competitive, just like Josh, although Tristan is even worse.

When Remco and I are inside, we look around. Which is hard because it's so dark when the light suddenly spurs on. I start screaming, what is this? Everywhere you see traces of blood on the ground, coming from our own feet. You also see all kinds of things scattered around the room, like a doll that does look scary to you. The story turns out to be about a little girl trapped in a basement. Just way too scary, but Remco takes my hand, and quietly we begin to solve the puzzles until we hear a shrill scream and I almost jump into Remco's neck. "Calm, Max, it's not real," he says as he takes me in his warm strong arms.

Half an hour later, we've gotten through almost all the puzzles, even the one involving a bathtub, where we had to find a key, with a false bottom. In retrospect, though, it's a fun game. Until we end up in a basement by a fun, scared I start floundering again, though Remco is able to calm me down quickly by pressing his warm lips to mine.

Slightly startled by his action, I look at him. In the basement, we open another hatch that we had found by searching in the sand for a key that gave light in the dark. Finally, we are outside and Josh and Tristan are already waiting, smiling.

"I See Tristan, you went for the fastest." Tristan looks anything but happy. I can imagine how Tristan might have had to carry Josh. In retrospect, it really was!

------

After that escape room, we walk back to the cottage in the woods, where we get lost yet again because Josh and Tristan were both leading, but both had different opinions.

"So what now, Josh?" I ask with an angry tone in my voice, "I told Tristan, Max!" After he started against Tristan, they were arguing for quite some time. Remco then broke them both up for a while and started walking with Josh from the front with a map.

Tristan walked with me behind the boys, still bucking about that he was right. After a two-hour walk, over which you actually only do one hour, I fall into the couch exhausted.

Tristan and Josh were still bad-mouthing each other, making the atmosphere not so cozy. Tristan soon retreated to the bedroom and was rather disappointed that I didn't join him and play some more games with the boy.

Josh had brought monopoly with him and I enthusiastically shouted that I wanted to be the race car, which caused Josh to start whining as well.

I left them to go ask Tristan if he didn't want to join us. I suddenly heard voices through the door, before I step inside I first hear what he is saying, "yes honey, I am coming back tomorrow from the mandatory vacation with my parents."

Surprised and angry, I stand and listen. Is he really cheating on me now! The boy I falsely said I loved is cheating on me! What an asshole!

I walk back to the boys and come up with an excuse for Tristan's absence. As we begin to play, Tristan joins us anyway. I try to hide my anger, but Remco immediately notices my changing mood.

Looking into my eyes, he searches for an explanation. Josh is sitting with Tristan negotiating for trade, when I secretly send a message to Remco, "Tristan is cheating on me."

He looks angrily at Tristan and pityingly at me. I still warn him not to let anything show, no matter what he does. Because we are both not better as he is.

-------

Later, when we finish and go to bed, Tristan wants to have sex with me. Which I clearly turn down. What is he thinking! He's just enjoying two women and making fun of us.

"Tristan! I don't want to!" I yell at him when he does get handsy. He continues to touch me and rub my body, pressing his hard against me. Angry, I try to roll myself out of the bed, but he is too strong. I feel his arms grab me tighter and tighter in his grip.

"Stop Tristan, please!" I yell at him in a panic, especially when I feel him pulling my clothes off. I'm just lying here in my underpants, shivering in fear of what he might do to me.

Until I see the door fly open and see Remco standing in the doorway. Looking at Tristan, who is lying on top of me now. Angrily, he pulls Tristan off of me and starts pounding on him. I try to grab Remco by his arm to get him off, Tristan.

Then Josh comes back, seeing us in the situation of me pulling Remco's arm with only my briefs still on. Then he looks at Tristan lying on the bed with Remco on him, almost slapping him.

"What's going on here!" I hear my brother shout angrily, looking at the three of us.