Chapter 29

I see Josh looking at the three of us. Waiting for an explanation, of what is going on now.

"Remco, get off Tristan!" Yells my brother as Remco is about to throw another punch. Because Tristan is standing there laughing at him.

Then as they are off of one, the eyes fall on me, making Me realize that I am still standing there without a bra. I walk with a redhead into the bathroom, where I take my first bath and look at my own in the mirror. What am I doing? I should have immediately confronted Tristan and thrown him out. Only something in me was afraid that Tristan was going to click something about Remco and me together anyway.

When I come back, three of them are arguing. Tristan tries to put it all on Remco. "Josh, he's always everywhere! You really need to start keeping your boyfriend with you!" Yells Tristan to Josh looking at me. How could I have ever fallen for this boy and even given him a second chance?

"Tristan stop this! Remco and Maxine have been friends for years. Of course, they are together often," apparently Tristan had confronted Josh anyway. I don't deserve his trust, how he defends me to Tristan here. Tristan keeps trying, but Josh has already walked out of the room with Remco behind him.

"Let's go!" He yells at me, as he takes his bags. Is he completely crazy now? He just almost assaulted me! No way am I leaving alone with him.

"No, I'm staying here. Go you, but to your honey, who couldn't wait for you to come home!" I yell as I leave him alone and sit with the robe on the sofa, waiting for me to hear the front door slam angrily.

--------

I'm sitting back dressed in my shorts and top on the couch watching TV when Remco and Josh step in. "Everything okay," Remco asks as he comes to sit next to me. "Yes, thank you," I say with a smile at Remco. He looks at me from head to toe to make sure I don't have any bruises.

"Sorry I left you alone with that bastard! Josh wanted us to stay out of it, even though I didn't want to," Remco says with an angry look at Josh. And he gives me a hug before Josh joins him.

"What did Tristan do?" Josh asks us, to which I explain the whole situation. Why hadn't Remco said anything? He looks at me and knows that Josh and he had things to discuss ourselves. It's probably about what Tristan was throwing out there when I came in.

"Are you serious! And standing there blaming you!" Sits Josh cursing, before jumping right up and starting to cook, trying to get his mind off things.

"You're sure it's going, Max. I don't want to know what would have happened if I wasn't there on time," he says, lightly stroking my cheek. I lay closer with my head on my shoulder, until we hear Josh come running back and Remco push me back upright. Hurt, I look at him. What's wrong if I seek support from him? We did this before, too, and now suddenly it can't be done.

-------

Our leave is over, and we are finally on our way back home. I'm sitting in the back of the car looking at all the forests we drive by. Josh and Remco are talking quietly as I fall asleep quietly against the window. Suddenly I feel someone lift me up and carry me upstairs.

When I open my eyes, it's not Remco carrying me, but Josh. I snuggle closer to my brother, who gives me the comfort I so desperately needed. Remco is exactly turning away more after Tristan was claiming all those things.

Josh lays me down on my bed and I turn over, trying to go back to sleep. I can still hear Josh whispering to me, "what a crock of, Tristan, my little sister is way too innocent to do something like that." And feel his hand rubbing my cheek, making me fall asleep.

In my dreams, I am haunted by what Josh had just whispered. It's so sweet but so untrue. I feel like a bad sister. I dream about having sex with Remco for the last time before we quit this, that Josh is never going to find out. Before it's too late.

-----------

"Max, I'm going to get pizza. Do you need anything?" Josh asks at my door, making me yell pepperoni. I can still hear him smile before he steps out the door, still taking his keys from the hall table.

I walk out of my room to the living room, where Remco is sitting at the dining room table with his laptop. Furthermore, I move closer to him and flip the laptop over, causing him to stare at me in annoyance, "why are you doing that?" He asks, looking at me standing next to him.

"What was said between Josh and Tristan while I was gone?" I ask him curiously. "That friend of yours was saying all kinds of things, that he doesn't know anything about," Remco is apparently in a bad mood. "What things?" I ask him, urging him to tell me. As I sit down next to him on the chair.

"He was talking about me having sex with you, and he caught us," as Remco drops sex. I hear the door open again and Josh comes back in, all luck not having heard anything of our conversation, just his eyes on the two of us in the living room at the table together.

"What is it?" Josh asks us, to which Remco steps away, and I tell Josh I want to know. What Tristan had said to him.

"He doesn't know any better, Max, don't worry about it. I don't believe anything you would do to Remco," he says, making me sit in my chair a little uncomfortably.

He needed to know that Tristan was right.