Royal

Taehyung

I had never felt more fulfilled in my life.  Every stroke of my brush.  Every mix of paint.  Every shape created from blank, flat canvas that wouldn't exist without my hand.  It was both satisfying and mind-blowing.

God, I loved painting.  And now, thanks to my best friend, I was able to do spend every day doing just that.  My heart warmed as I filled to bursting with emotion.

"Taehyung?  Have I lost you again?"

A soft, elderly voice jarred me from my thoughts and I turned to the small, hunched man smiling gently up at me.  I gave him a sheepish grin and nodded.

"Sorry, Master Manobal.  I just-" he interrupted my apology with a wave and a shake of his head.

"No need, son.  I know how passionate you are about this apprenticeship and this line of work.  You already have so much raw talent and I know you'll do well once I retire.  Let's end our session for today," he suggested.

A thin, dark haired girl knocked on the open door as her eyes found the older man.  "Appa, are you ready for lunch?"

Her deep, brown eyes scanned over to me and blushed as her lips parted slightly.  Immediately dropping her gaze, she began twiddling with her fingers.

"Yes, Lisa.  I'll be there in just a moment.  Just let me clean up our workspace.  Have you met my apprentice, Kim Taehyung yet?"  He pressed a hand between my shoulder blades as he guided me over to the girl.  "Taehyung, this is my daughter Lisa.  Lisa, my apprentice, Taehyung."

He went back to straightening the paints and dabbing at the messes, giving us a wide berth.  We met each other's gaze finally as we shook hands.  The first touch of our palms felt electric to me.  I may or may not have slightly gasped, her eyes widening. 

I gulped audibly, "Nice to meet you, Lisa.  I hope to see you again in the future."

"Likewise," she replied as we were ushered out by her smirking father.

Wow, I thought.  What a woman.

-------------------------

Anyone else low key shipping TaeLis after their Paris trip?  Like...some of those videos were a little sus.  I'm down for it.

Also, sorry for the short chapter.  More to come, but that's all that needed to happen in this one.