Jin's Punishment

Jin

"You can't seriously be denying it?  You were the only one who knew I was planning to retrieve your brother and bring him back into the kingdom.  You had to be the one who interfered!  Do you take me for a fool, Seokjin?!" my father raged.

"You weren't planning on 'retrieving' Jungkook, you were planning on kidnapping him and yes, I am denying it because I didn't interfere with your plans to kidnap my baby brother," I insisted with malice.

The king strode to my side, face screwed up in pure hatred as he glanced over me.  Before I could react, a meaty hand had connected with my cheek.  I felt myself wheeze and my eyes bulge.  My father hadn't held back as he'd slapped me and I felt the sting of his hand's outline even after it was no longer against my skin.

"Useless, insolent boy.  You're probably the reason Jungkook prefers men.  You've corrupted him.  Turned him against me.  You're already next in line for the throne, but it wasn't enough for you, was it?  You have to destroy me and my legacy completely.  You had to taint your own brother to ruin me?  Is that it? Speak up, boy!"

I raised my burning glare to meet my father's eyes, biting back every word of cruelty that would only prove him right.  I wanted to tell him that I hadn't done anything to Jungkook except treat him with the kindness and love his father should have.  I wanted to say that I wasn't even sorry that I'd been such a disappointment to him.  I wanted to say that his legacy did need to be destroyed because it was one of bigotry and dogmatic barbarism.  I wanted to say that he alone had managed to turn all his sons against him, even the one he'd rarely took the time to interact with. 

But I didn't.  I kept my lips sealed and contented myself with simply glaring.

"Your silence speaks volumes.  You aim to destroy what I've created.  You are a mutinous soul and you will be punished for your insubordination until you can learn your place, my son," the king spat.

My place.  I thought with irony as I was dragged to the dungeons.  He'd like to believe that my place is with my throat under his boot.  One day he will come to realize that he cannot control everything and everyone.  Jungkook is safe, but now I must take his place.

---------------------

Poor Jinnie. 

What will the king do to Jin as punishment?

How will anyone stop Tae? 

What are Jungkook and Jimin doing to pass the time in hiding? ;)

What about SOPE?  I keep hinting and promising and yet...Are all you Sopers out there ready to smack me yet?

What is Namjoon doing?

What about the King of East Busan?  Did Jimin's dad do nothing to help?

Stay tuuunnneeeddd