IV

I wake up, completely dressed up. I'm so used to getting carried out of my bed to get ready that i'm just using that time to get back my sleep hours. (Yeah, they spent 3 and half an hour bathing and dressing me up for today's banquet. They usually spend one hour only)

And before this day, Sterry's futur adoptive parents brought me to the temple to give me my holy names that are "Yuusha Ariadne Olga" saying that I used to be too rebellious and didn't want to have ones.

-Lady Hertha mustn't do any mistake, my lady is well aware that this banquet isn't just a birthday party, but also a late introduction to the social world.

-I know that, Mary. (mary the head maid)

-his Royal Highness(the Duke) put a lot of care into this banquet, therefore, you mustn't tarnish his grace's reputation.

-Mary, you talk too much. Why don't you just lead me to the hall, I am not in the mood to deal with your blabbering.

-I apologize my lady.

I stand up and follow Mary to the banquet hall. I'm the last one to arrive as i'm the main character of this party. And I go down the stairs with my sparkling and frivolous soft blue dress that matches my long silver hair.

I give an elegant smile and thank everyone for their "warm" welcome. They greeted me and handed my lady-in-waiting the presents they prepared for this joyous day.

After a few hours of sitting and talking cutely with the other girls and doing a few small talk with the adults. I am sure of having enough people know of me and my face. So I decide that I should meet Nantokanette, and she was... rebellious. I instantly fell in love with her. (As a joke, she just admires her since she's a baddie)

-bring me some beautiful yellow roses, now.

They oblige.

-Greetings to Sarie Nantokanette. I am Outlook's first born daughter Hertha Yuusha Ariadne Olga.

And I give her the small bouquet. She was surprised to see them. Well who wouldn't be? I just told her I want to be her friend when she's a social outcast.

-what are your intentions?

I don't know if I could trust her.

-I found you really cool, nobles' hypocrisy was just too suffocating for me. And I thought that it would be refreshing to talk with you. I apologize for assuming things about you.

-No no!

She was blushing. She mustn't have been praised often for being what she is.

-will you accept this small present?

Will you be my friend and ally?

-I will!

She gave me a huge bright smile. She's the main character, a big lovely sunshine. I also smile at her, sincerely. Unlike when I'm with other people. We then head to the balcony and freely talk there.

2hours later, I'm called by my maid to do a toast. We reluctantly part but I join the middle of the hall anyways and conclude the party with a last speech on the royal duke and duchess's side. I go around and bid goodbye to every single person (showing off the fact that i remember their names) and finally go back home at midnight. (I arrive home one hour later)

The servants carry me to the bath while I sleep and dress me up with a dressing gown, yesterday was exhausting.

I wake up and get called for breakfast, which is strange since we never have breakfast together, only lunch and dinner.

-Good morning Father, Mother.

I hate calling them that so much.

-good morning.

-Good morning my sweet daughter, please sit. We need to talk about yesterday's banquet! (BG)

I act nervous, as if I'm scared I did anything wrong. They seem to like "stressing" me out.

-I.. I apolo-

-You exceeded our expectations! You did very good! (Female)

I act confused.

-she is right, you didn't act shamelessly and did good by memorizing every one's likes and dislikes to have something to talk about and bore no one.

I give a fake clumsy smile.

-did you know? Everyone talks about how stunning and brilliant you were yesterday. They even say that you are meant to be the next social flower! You don't know how happy to know that I'm the social flower's mother!

-really??

I then laugh softly.

-we are finally going to beat that pretentious girl. She thinks she can talk to me however she wants just because she has a few nobles backing her up.

-and her annoying father who dares to look down on me. I would very much appreciate it if his daughter get humbled by mine.

-and for your achievements! We decided to award you something that you'd like. What would you like as a present?

What should I ask them? Mmmh... Jewelry? No, I have a lot already. AH, I know. Let the show begin!

-uhm... can we have a family outing..?

They look surprised. I really don't give a fuck about them, If I had a choice I would ask for them to hang themselves.

-It is impossible with our current situation. We will have a family outing later in the year if the situation get better. (SP)

-oh...

I knew it, I just wanted you to think that I crave your attention and affection.

-You can give us your other answer later in the day, so you can think of what you would like.

I act disappointed.

-okay..

After I've finished my meal, I go to the library and finish memorizing the last book. And an hour later.

-finally! I'm finally free!

Now that I finished the whole damn library I might be able to go out and act as if I'm gonna read in the main library! But in reality I'll be with my brother and his brothers. I found the female bitch in the halls, so I run towards her.

-Mother!

-oh? You're out of the library earlier than the usual?

-yes! And that's because I finished the whole library!

-really?! I must tell that to husband! My social flower is also smart and brilliant!

She hugs me. It was disgusting, a traumatic experience. But I must keep a smile or else everything I've done till now will go to waste.

-but I'm afraid I'll be bored, since I grew to love books..

-you needn't to worry about such trivial things, we can build you a new library !

-no! No!

-huh?

-I mean... it's too much of a burden... I won't be able to enjoy it properly if I knew that it was especially made for me..

-ooh~ so you don't want us to see that you might be able to read romance books huh??

-h-huh?

Well, that works for me. I'll blush.

-I knew it! It's the age you start getting interested in those things. Don't worry it'll be a secret between you and me. Your Father doesn't need to know that hihi..

Well, she can be useful sometimes.

-w-will you talk to him about me going to Athenaeum (the streets' main library)?

-of course! I was going to his office anyways!

She pats my head and happily head to his office.

My mission is over, let's go sleep now. I need these sleeping hours if I don't want to break. I go to my room and lay down. My precious sleep...

-Hertha! Help me!

...Was interrupted by my sweet younger brother.