XVI

All of a sudden. My back start heating up. And the wings force their way out of my skin. For 3 hours of screaming and rolling on the floor, my body was burning, freezing, hurting, tickling all at the same time.

God!

What happened to you?! I heard you screaming and I tried to talk to you but it was impposible to contact you.

It's the effect of the devil fruit.

I throw up all Popoko's food and squirm in pain as I smell a metallic scent. I feel my body getting surrounded by warm water (blood) and felt comfortable there.

Get back to your senses! Don't die. 

-I'm not dying fucker, I'm good. *cough* Hicho-san!

-hicho appear from behind the wall and popoko just under her.

She brings her blood sacks and get ready to treat me.

For the next two days, I was feeling extremely bad, the pain in my back did not fade and it was more and more frustrating to have that constant pain striking your spine. Hicho and Popoko were taking care of me for those two days.

After that, when the pain has more or less faded, I sent them home. I decided to stay in the cave for another week to test out my new powers.

I sit on the floor and focus. I try to feel the wind, but it kept on swinging around me and coming from all places.

Maybe if I talk to Makoto at the same time, it will be easier to control

God.

What?

I'm using you aga-

A warm feeling me filled my body and mind like hot cofee in a cold mug. And I felt myself flying.

I open my eyes, and see a golden aura surrounding my body.
-wow... that's awesome...

Unfortunately, my focus broke and my body started getting uncontrollably thrown around. I just protected my head, I knew I can't do anything. But then, I was thrown so hard on the cave's roof that I broke it and ended up in some other place.

-sheesh, look at me now. I hope I won't have scars from this shit.

A cold thing touches my neck.
-oh? A sword? A human?

I turn around and see a big woman glaring down on me. I push away the sword with my fingers and stand up. I look up to look at her face. She has scars all over her body and she's beautiful. She has long, very long dark blue hair and a piercing gaze despite her unfocused eyes.

-I'm Hertha, may I know your name?

-kuina.

My eyes widen.

-KUINA?!

She takes out her sword again.

-so you were here all this time?!

-?

-excuse me, I was just shocked...

-...

-say... do you still remember Zoro?

I see her eyes focus again and soften at the mention of his name.

(Actually, I can see because of the golden aura shit)

-do you want to meet him? I know where he is.

Why did I have to say that? I'll be meddling with the damn plot.

-no.

What?

-???

-i'm not the best swordswoman in the world, I can't meet him yet.