XIV

Mako-chii and I talked for hours, I was comfortably resting on my chair in the control room and he was drawing. We talked about the random-est things non-stop in case the connection between us might cut off.

I finished 1/4 of it, I kind of want to sleep now.

Sleeping without eating anything? Don't even dream about doing that. I used to do that too, and I could barely keep up with my lessons and therefore, often got beaten up by the tutors.

That's sad.

That's pathetic. Don't be pathetic you old man.

Old man? I'm not even THAT old.

How old are you?

I'm 34.

Pffff, you're so old.

And you're a baby.

Nope, I'm a beautiful young woman. *flips hair*

Weirdo.

As if you're not an eccentric old man yourself.

I may be a little eccentric but I'm not annoying like you.

Whatever.

The alert alarm goes off and breaks my ears.

What the hell is that? Do I get to hear your background noise too?!

I check what's happening while ignoring the complaining old man. I see that there is a pirate ship that spotted me and decided to break my submarine.

After a few minutes of me, shooting them with my SUPER HERTHA CANON 2.0. I know the name sounds lame, but the offensive mode in itself is quite cool. And them, shooting back. I win and their boat sink.

I collect the useful tools such as guns, canons, a box with food, fishing tools, and a huge chest with probably money in it.

I bring the chest in the storage room and go check what's inside. I open it and see a shivering kid sleeping on the goods.

-what the fuck.

He opens his eyes and start looking at me weirdly?

-did I already die and enter heaven? Please angel! Give me some food.

I blush and laugh proudly. The truth comes from little kids' mouth they say.

-hehe, I'm not an angel but I'm still giving you food.

I go back to business mode.

-that is... if you're useful in any way.

It's heartless but I'm not a Saint, I'm not wasting the only food keeping me alive on a kid just like that.

-I.. I'm very good at the sword...?

-are you asking me?

-uhm.. and... and my grandpa is Shimotsuki Kozaburo!

-who?

He get startled. I sigh and give up.

-well, tell me your name.

-my n-name is Popoko..

-okay, Poop.

I ask him where he used to live and how he ended up in that chest. Popoko tells me that he was kidnapped one night from Shimotsuki and that he overheard them saying that they were about to sell him.

-that's sad. That doesn't mean I'm not going to dump you in the ocean.

-nooo! Please help me!

-what will I- wait a second, where did you say you used to live?