XXXIII

We spend the next 2 days before she'd arrive (Toka) drinking, eating and partying. We would talk endlessly and just stick to each other in general. I met Fatiha Bogdan, the woman Cora met and saw some of her paintings. They were beautiful and had so much potential. Her skills could even be on par with Cora's. We talked a bit and she was super sweet, so sweet I had diabetes just from hearing her talk.

I was walking on the streets with my brother, until we heard some weird shit.

-everyone! Praise Hertha-sama!

-who?

-Hertha-sama of course! She's a goddess!

-why?

-didn't you read the newspaper this morning?

-no?

-here, read for yourself.

"All the slaves in Marie-Geoise have disappeared. And we know for sure it's Hertha's doing. No human is as audacious as her, who's the one that has created a huge fuss within the world government and made herself the target of the Celestial Dragons.

And by becoming the world's enemy for such a noble thing, she eventually gained the support and admiration of many. And so also, became a role model for the other pirates that despise the current system perfected by the nobles to make us believe in a fake peace."

Bro that was Nantokanette, not me. I only saved one person. And why didn't they mention the fact that I killed basically everyone? Are they trying to use my name to start a revolt and/or freely diss them?

-Read that part too!

I nod.

"In that noble terrorism act, Saint Jalmack, a Celestial Dragon is in a heavy coma due to his injuries. He was found stuck under buildings' remains, he couldn't call his servant as his voice was smothered in the crowds loud noises, he suffered greatly before passing out."

My jaw dropped, and my mouth curls up into a big smile. My cheeks have never been so stretched in my entire life.

-stop that smile sister... it's super creepy...

I ignore him and read the next part.

"The Celestial Dragons are furious, going around trying to slave people. However, Hertha's influence pushed people into running away and they stopped submitting to their orders fearfully.

They became huge laughingstocks ever since that incident and no one fear them as much. They don't outright show them their mocking glares, but it doesn't mean that they wouldn't laugh at their faces if given the chance to."

-oh and look at this part too!

"New big news about our role model:Hertha was a Goa Queendom noble. She hated the system and long planned for a revenge against all the abuse she has gone through by her parents and the social pressure."

-uhm.. they getting a little too specific in here...

"Outlook III and his wife, that were exposed into household abuse and sadistic tendencies towards their own children such as excessively punishing them for small mistakes, were poisoned with Apple Fish, a very dangerous drug giving its consumer a very painful death.

Most of the nobles were killed, the Knights and servants were only tied up. We assume that Hertha held Goa Queendom dear to his heart despite the bad memories in it.

We discovered that she had a little brother, who was killed by Saint Jalmack, the Celestial Dragon who got 'accidently' stuck under a building remains. We also assume it was a revenge for her little brother who was only 10 years old when he passed away.

We got the chance to interview some of the king and queens, victims of the reverie incident. First, Goa's queen, Sarie Nantokanette's words that further proves our theory.

^ I actually knew Hertha in my childhood, she was a huge prodigy praised for her intelligence and her outstanding beauty.^

We will assume again that, just a week after Saint Jalmack left the Queendom, she decided to reveal herself as a young genius. As if there was something that triggered it. And if it hadn't happened she would have kept it for herself.

Only noble thoughts in her bloody and terrifying actions."

-why the fuck are they telling my whole backstory to the world?!

-we deserve to know! And did you just say m-?

-but it's her private life, you don't need to stick your nose into her business all the time! She's not some entertainment pop star that will give you storytimes on live.

-...

I sigh, on edge. And keep reading.

"After that, Vinsmoke Judge. Germa 666's founder's words. That doesn't lead to anything but, rare is it that he speaks. So I quote:

^can't the Marine catch a single person?! And I don't have any words for your damn press.^

And Nefertari Cobra.

^She is young but she's so audacious. If my daughter were to be this careless, I would have a heart attack just by thinking about what she'll do next.^

And finally, King Rainpour.

^She may appear to be reckless and dumb for going head on in this place all alone, but when I saw her at first, her expression was completely closed off. Smiling but no thoughts were readable on her face, she had the eyes of an old man that had spent his entire life reading books. Mixed with those of an experienced fighter, and that of a scary killer.^

Puzzling those all together we can conclude that Hertha is awesome in every way."

-what the fuck are they even saying at this point, I'm not even gonna ask. Let's go Lil bro.

I throw the newspaper behind, some random jack-ass take it before it drops and carry it delicately like a precious jewel.

-aren't you happy that people are praising what you're doing?

-using my little brother's death and assume things about me with no real proof just to get people's attention isn't something to be happy about.

-...

-and just the fact that they mentioned him made me lose my temper. Everyone has to carefully use their words when talking about him. I'll make sure to destroy that press' building.

-I can fill in the gap in your heart. I'm your little brother too.

My eyes widen, and I suddenly stop walking.

-Izekiel...

-...

-why do you have to be this cute?!

I turn around, trip on my heel and fall on him. Hugging him tightly.

-I'm not cute.

-yes you are. I'm sorry for getting angry my deer, I love you so much! I couldn't ask for a cuter little bro.

He awkwardly hugs me back, and I grin at it.