V

-Hertha! Sister! Help me!

My eyes snap open and I rush to sit down.

-you... were sleeping?

-no I was laying on the bed because my back hurts.

-...

I tap beside me on the bed, and he sits there while I bring a first aid kit for his bruises.

-what's wrong? What happened? And what are you even doing here? Didn't you run away?

-Father succeeded in finding me and is trying to frame Ace and Luffy to save his reputation... and no matter how much I tried to stop him he still went and bribed the guards to take them away!

He still wants to say something.

-and what are all those bruises for? Was it that hard in the forest? Or...?

-as I didn't stop getting on his way, he beat me up.

-He did what? Imma show him what a good beating is.

I stand up, rolling up my sleeves.

-don't... weren't you always working hard just to please them..? If you take my side they won't ever be affectionate with you...

-do I look like an attention seeker? Well, I kinda am but I don't do that because I want their attention.

I grab his shoulders and stare at his eyes with a frown.

-I want to kill them, in the most atrocious way. I want to burn all nobles and make them regrets their sins. I want to watch the world burn as I walk over their dead bodies and laugh at their pitiful state.

That was a bit dramatic but dreams are meant to be big aren't they? Look at this little boy all shocked. I should've just shut the hell up. Maybe a smile would make him feel safer?

-but that's only some of my countless fantasies! Pay no mind to it.

Why is he even more shocked?! Ah fucking right. When you see someone telling you that they'll murder someone with the most serious gaze and then suddenly shift into a bright smile... you'll obviously be scared. That's shitty, I wanted him to look up to me, but now he'll completely stop looking at me.

-anyways, what you should understand is that I'm not doing that because I crave what worthless attention they might give me. I just want to make them pay. I also want to be free, exploring the things that we don't get to see often. Just like a pirate... yeah.. a pirate..

-You want to be a pirate too?

-I do. Do you?

-yes! Ace and Luffy too!

I hug him while chuckling.

-you talk so much about them that I'm now curious about what they look like. I hope I'll meet them myself one day.

-I'll make sure to introduce you all!

-I love you Sabo.

-pardon?!

-what? As your sister, can I not tell you how much I love you?

-no! But love is a word reserved to your l-lover!

He's still shy about these subjects?? How cute.

-who says?

-...

-yes, so I love you Sabo. My dear little brother.

-I love you too... I guess..

I ruffle his hair.