XVII

I look in the mirror behind my bed and have a thought.

My wings are so damn pretty. There is even two small wings under the big ones.

And the same day, under the shower, I thought of a theory.

Maybe the stronger I get, the bigger my wings will get, and I eventually will have more than just 2 pair of wings.

I discovered that these wings can be as hard as fucking steel. They can protect me from bullets (I discovered that by accidently shooting them) and from basically any weapons. And if they're scratched or cut, I'll feel the pain, not a lot but still, because they're kind of a part of my body.

And my training upgraded ever since we left Shimotsuki. I would fight all day with Kuina (except when i send her fight pirates underwater) and even train while sleeping [I carry myself using wind and keep myself in the air the whole night. Trying to make the least noise I could]

Neither me or Kui-chii are able to cook properly, I can only cook omelets and Ramen. I sometimes call for Makoko to tell me the recipes of some modern meals but I fail to do them most of the time.

I told him about Kuina being alive, and that I took her in. He was shocked at first, proceeded to degrade and slander all of me and my family tree. Then, he calmed down and apologized for not insulting me enough. He went to take care of his business after that.

-Hertha! There is an island.

-finally! Let go there!

-okay!

She parks the submarine that I named Halo and we go explore the said island. The blue flower at the shore were extremely beautiful.

-it's your first time on another island right? Then follow me! I might know better than you.

What am I saying, I only visited one island and here I am, talking as if I know shit about what to do.

The island had a village in it, we look around and it's pretty calm in here.

We walk and walk, and no one in sight. Until some woman bump into me and fall on her butt.

-are you okay miss?

But then I notice how her leg is veiny and her skin covered in some weird red stains.

-your leg...? You should probably visit a doctor.

-Hertha! Watch out!

I feel my clothes being pulled and my whole self flying away from that woman who tried to bite me. Kuina puts me on the ground and we both take a battle stance.

-are you an animal girl? Calm the fuck down.

But all she did was growling at me with her unfocused eyes. She was ready to attack at any move we do.

-she looks drugged.

I look at Kui-chii and she nods. But I notice behind her some people, they were hiding behind the wall and looking at us weirdly.

-Kui-chii...

-I know, Hertha.

As they all attacked at the same time, I already made a wind barrier. I caught them all in the same rope, not wanting to hurt them as they looked like fragile civilians.

-what should I do with them, Hertha?

-let separate them, they might eat each other. And without hurting them, you must already know but they are innocent citizens that were drugged.

-...

We do that and tie each one of them under the shadow of a house/tree or whatever. After that, we decide to investigate what is happening in here as we didn't have anything urgent to do.

-let meet here when the sun goes down. If you meet some problem that you can't solve alone or when you find something interesting shoot the sky with this gun and I'll do the same thing for you to come to me.

-yes.

We part and I get to search the forest. She will go to the village and investigate by searching for survivors.

I was flying over the big forest, trying to spot any movement when I saw a red hair kid running from some bandits(?).

I went down to spy on them, looking for more details. Because being young doesn't mean being good.

-this brat is running too fast!

-we need to hurry if we don't want Figaro to transform us in zombies!

-don't say his name recklessly you dumbass!

I more or less get what's happening, therefore, I grab them all (with wind) and bring them closer.

-AAHH! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

-WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME?!

-KYAAA!

-THE KID IS ALSO CAUGHT IN THIS.

-OH MY GOD YES! IT HELPS US A LOT.

The guy with dark hair is a sarcastic asshole, I like him.

-hey, will you all shut up?

-WHO- a woman?

-what do you mean "a woman"? I will slap the hell out of you if you dare think of anything sexist.

-i'm sorry.

The blonde is such a dumbass.

-now, you gotta explain what the hell is happening to this damn island.

-Figaro is feeding the whole island drugs and enslaving them!

-if you don't say anything I will ki- wait.

-Figaro is fe-

-I fucking heard you the first time. Give me your names, because I'm tired of referring to you as blond and dark hair boy. You too, red hair brat.

-I'm Jaune. (The blond)

-I'm Sombre. (The dark hair)

-I'm Lavender. (The red hair)

-doesn't Lavender mean Purple? pffff yall's parents didn't like you HAHAHA! Especially you blondie! jAuNe HAHAHA!

-as if your parents did.

-...well, I killed them- HAHAHAHA.

They looked at me with such a scared and genuinely concerned gaze.

-okay, I'll stop. My name is Hertha.

-tsk, your name is too good to be made fun of. (Sombre)

-I know. Anyways, let tal_

A very loud noise of a gun shooting and the sky getting painted green interrupts our small talk.

-what was that.

-you'll see.

I take out my wings.

-woah, you have wings?

-yes Lavender cutie. I am actually an angel.

-you?

-yes Sombre, so shut the hell up.

I carry them with my wind and fly towards the place kui-chii's at. And I find her, next to a lake completely wet.

-Kui-chii, did you find anything underwater?

-yes. It's a gambling place, I did not look further to get you there.

She then looks at the people behind me.

-those are some people I met in the forest, they might be useful.

-h-hey..

-Sombre? Why are you stutteri- no way...

I look at him with a smug face.

-NO.

I smirk and move to the others.

-this is Jaune and the little lad's name is Lavender.