Chapter 2

The next day, just after dawn, Sivir woke up according to his biological clock.

After the difficult rut, he was refreshed and his physical condition returned to its peak state.

Tu Mianmian, lying in his arms, was wrapped in the quilt and slept soundly. The Duke spent two minutes deliberating, and finally decided not to wake Mianmian. He went back to sleep with his arms around him.

Duke Sivir's first sleep-in experience ended with Butler Anderson's call two hours later.

Carefully, he pulled his arms from around Tu Mianmian's back. Sivir had never been so careful in his life. And outside the bedroom, Anderson was waiting for him in the corridor.

"How is Your Grace's body? Is there any sequelae? Do you need to take medicine?" Anderson asked repeatedly, every inch of his face filled with seriousness and caution.

Speaking of his rut, Sivir couldn't help but recall what happened last night. He was lost in fascination for a moment, then lowered his head and adjusted his cuffs to hide his exposed emotions, "No need."

"Very well." Anderson pushed up his glasses and nodded cautiously, "Seeing your condition, I believe Your Grace does not need the assistance of drugs."

"Then, Your Grace and the Madam can go downstairs for breakfast together." Anderson said as he regained his bright smile.

He looked up and down at the strong Sivir. The old man beamed and said, "Madam must have worked hard. I asked the kitchen to prepare a lot of healthy food for the Madam."

Sivir: "..."

Sivir left the butler behind and pushed open the door to the bedroom. Tu Mianmian, who lost the warmth of the person beside his pillow, had turned over and continued to sleep with his back to Sivir.

Half of his face was buried in the soft quilt. His hair was in a sleepy mess and there was a tuft of dull hair that stuck up on the top of his head. There wasn't much flesh on his cheeks, but they looked inexplicably soft.

Sivir sat on the edge of the bed and stared at Tu Mianmian's face for a long time before he reached out, patting his back hesitantly.

"Mianmian..."

Maybe because he shouted the name too much last night, as he called out Tu Mianmian's name, his tone already held familiarity and intimacy.

Sivir thought it would be difficult for Tu Mianmian to wake up, but unexpectedly, he woke up quickly after just a call.

"Mmmm." When Mianmian heard someone call his name, he nodded his head and sat up from the bed.

Seeing him get up, Sivir invited him rustily: "Let's go down to have breakfast."

"Mmmm." Tu Mianmian responded again, but he sat on the bed without opening his eyes. In fact, Sivir's words went in one ear and out the other.

Sivir: "..."

Mianmian lifted the quilt and got out of bed. Although his eyes were still clouded with sleep, he was able to find the right direction accurately and plunged straight into the bathroom.

After a while, Mianmian came out after washing up. The strange thing was that after washing his face, he still didn't completely wake up. He half-squinted his eyes and drifted by like a wandering ghost. He didn't wait for Sivir to say anything to him, and just stepped into his slippers and walked to the first floor.

Sivir: "..." I can't tell what I'm feeling like right now.

Didn't the physiology book say that a partner who has a relationship with them during a rut will naturally develop feelings? And isn't the recipient supposed to be very dependent on his other half?