chapter eighteen!

chapter eighteen! the antiquing

─── ✽ ───

"Grandma, can I have some baby pictures of you, Grandpa and Thea?"
Rory pleaded, stopping eating for a moment as she waited for her grandmother's answer.

"Any particular reason?" Emily wondered, neatly pushing vegetables onto her silver fork.

"Yeah, we're doing this visual family history project for school," Rory explained.

"Oh. Well, if it's for school I suppose I could dig something up," Emily answered with a soft smile, "Thea, do you need any?"

"I  don't take that class, Grandma," Thea smiled, continuing to eat the salad that she had filled her plate with.

"And I need some of Mom too," Rory added, glancing over at her mother who sat there looking smugly.

"I thought we already had this conversation," Lorelai grumbled, shaking her head.

"Yeah, but I don't believe you," Rory bit back.

"Mother, tell her," Lorelai pleads.

"I don't have any baby pictures of your mother," Emily confirmed, pushing her food around her plate. "But I have plenty of Thea so you can take your pick."

"Thank you,"

"How could you not have any baby pictures of Lorelai?" Thea asked, confused as her grandma obsessively took photographs of her throughout her childhood.

"Because when your mother was seven, I came downstairs and found her burning all of her baby pictures," Emily clarified, shaking her head at her daughter.

"Why would you do that? I'm sure you were a cute baby,"

"She was. She was very cute," Emily smiled, pausing to allow Lorelai to count down, "In most respects."

"Then we have lift off,"

"What does that mean?"  the twins asked, Thea glared over at her sister hating when they spoke in unison.

"Nothing," Lorelai dismissed, trying to get her mother and daughters away from the subject.

"I don't see what the problem is. You certainly grew into it," Emily dismissed the problem.

"Grown into what?" Thea asked, her sculpted eyebrows furrowing curiously.

"As a child, your mother had an unusually large head," Emily revealed.