Twenty-Two

Jack made his way towards the library where he knew his father would be. If the piano playing wasn't enough to know where the man was, the fact that he'd told Jack where he would be was. His father had tried to talk to him earlier, but Jack was feeling really guilty and wasn't ready to talk about what happened, so the man told him to come find him in the library when he was ready.

Jack remained in the doorway, not sure how to proceed with the situation.

Lucifer noticed the moment his son entered the doorway. "There is no need to lurk, child. Come."

That was the only invitation Jack needed. He immediately made his way over and sat down at the piano next to his father.

"I presume you're ready to talk now?" Lucifer asked.

Jack nodded. "Are you still mad at me, father?"

"I wasn't all that angry in the first place. I can understand the need to sulk. It is every child's right from time to time. However, I could not abide by the disrespect you showed a man who had only ever been kind to you," Lucifer said sternly.

Jack looked down shamefully. "I know I shouldn't have said what I did."

"I'm glad to hear that, and I can tell you were sincere. You have apologized, and I have punished you. There's no reason to dwell on it further. I would like to explain to you why I did not allow you to come with us," Lucifer said.

"Uncle Gabriel explained it. He said you were trying to protect me. He said you see me as a child," Jack said.

"You are a child, Jack. I know that seems untrue to you because of how old you look, but the truth is, you have been in this world for merely a few months," Lucifer said.

Jack nodded reluctantly. "Um, Uncle Gabriel says you want me to go live with you when you leave."

Lucifer sighed. He was a bit annoyed that Gabriel had told Jack that. He wanted them to know each other just a little better before he sprung that fact on the boy. But if Gabriel told Jack, Lucifer had no doubt that he had a good reason. "Yes. You are my son. Naturally, I want you to live with me."

"I thought you were just going to leave without me," Jack admitted.

"I told you I would not abandon you."

"I know. I just didn't consider that you'd want me to come with you when you left. What about the others? You're my father, but I think of them as my family too," Jack said.

"Jack, I want your word that you speak of what I'm about to say to no one," Lucifer said in a firm tone.

"I promise."

"I am expecting that Sam will be joining us when we leave. As for Castiel, he is welcome to come see you whenever he wishes, and if you wish to see him, I will be more than willing to make arrangements," Lucifer said.

"Sam's coming with us? Why? Why would he want to leave his home?" Jack wondered. He would of course be glad if Sam came, but he just didn't understand why he would.

"It is complicated, and he has not yet said that he would, but I believe it will happen," Lucifer said.

"What about Dean? You said I could still see Castiel, but you didn't mention Dean," Jack said.

Lucifer sighed somewhat dramatically. "If you truly must, but only if his attitude changes. I'll not allow him to keep upsetting you."

"H...he doesn't upset me," Jack lied. The truth was, Dean was upsetting him lately with how much he went after Jack's father. He also upset him before Castiel came back when he spoke of how evil he was. But Jack knew Dean was a good person, and he liked him.