Seven

The next day, Sam was up bright and early, and drinking a cup of coffee in the kitchen. He hadn't really slept well the night before. How could he when the Devil was in the bunker and everything they knew about him turned out to be a lie.

Sam believed Lucifer. He had no reason to lie about that. Who in their right mind would lie about being the Devil. Plus, he'd spent half the night researching everything he could about what the Devil was really about and why he was cast out of Heaven. Lucifer's story made sense with everything he'd read. But just because he believed Lucifer didn't mean he trusted him. He was the Devil, and they knew nothing about him. They didn't know what he wanted or what he was going to do.

Just then, Lucifer walked into the room in his robe. "Good morning."

Sam eyed him carefully, but didn't speak.

Lucifer made his way to the coffee maker. "I certainly hope your coffee is better than your vodka, and your mattresses. Honestly, it was like sleeping on a rock."

"I wouldn't have thought the Devil would be so high maintenance," Sam commented.

"Ah, so you believe me? You are the smart one," Lucifer said with a smile before reaching into one of the cupboards for a coffee mug.

"Yeah, I do. I thought angels didn't sleep," Sam said.

"Yes, well, I'm an exception to that, as I have very limited Grace. I require sleep, though not nearly as much as humans," Lucifer said as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

"Why are you here?" Sam asked.

"I told you. I'm here to stop that creature that claims my identity," Lucifer said.

"He's already been stopped. He's trapped in an alternate reality," Sam said. Of course, he and Dean wanted to open it to get their mother back, but they would find away to leave Lucifer...whoever he really was behind.

"That's not good enough. It needs to be destroyed," Lucifer said firmly.

"Why? Why do you want him killed so much now? This is the second time he's been let out. Where were you then? He tried to end the world and you didn't care," Sam said accusingly. So many lives might have been saved if Lucifer had intervened the first time, or better yet, not created this ting.

"I didn't know he'd been released. I had left Hell by then. And it shouldn't have been possible for him to be released. That is why I made the locks to that bloody cage so elaborate, and made sure only two demons knew about it," Lucifer said.

"I'm willing to guess one of them is Lilith," Sam said.

Lucifer nodded. "As the final lock, she had to be. She's the one that started breaking them. She despised the fact that I put my Grace into that thing, and once I had, she spoke of it like it was something to be revered. I didn't think she'd try to let it out though, if for no other reason than self-perseverance. It would kill her after all."

"All demons couldn't have known who you really were. Too many of them have referred to him as the real thing. One of them would've let something slip," Sam said.

"You're correct. Most thought it was me. I found that somewhat entertaining. While a part of me was insulted by the fact that the idiots took someone else as me, I also enjoyed their stupidity, as well as the knowledge that I was right under their noses and could punish them for it whenever I chose," Lucifer said with a smile before taking a sip of his coffee. "Now, my turn for questions. I've been told my brother was killed by it. I need to know if it's true."

"I'm pretty sure a lot of your brothers were killed during the apocalypse. I don't know how many were killed by Luc...him," Sam said.

"I'm only concerned about one at the moment. Gabriel," Lucifer said. It certainly bothered him that many of his siblings were murdered, but none of them mattered as much as Gabriel. He was the one he needed to know about.