Three

Lucifer found himself in a very large, old looking building. It looked like a large library. "Why are we in a library?"

"We're not. This is a small part of a Men of Letters bunker. The Hunters we're here to see, the Winchesters, are also legacies of the Men of Letters," Amenadiel explained.

"Huh. Many of those wankers have reservation on the rack," Lucifer noted. Those bloody bastards claimed to be fighting the supernatural, but in truth, most of them were just murderers who used the supernatural to pretend they were something different.

"The Winchesters recently sent a bunch of them there actually," Amenadiel commented.

"The Winchesters, huh? They were getting famous even before we left Hell. I heard a whisper or two of them from other demons," Maze said.

"If only you'd heard more. It might have saved everyone a lot of trouble. The Winchesters were said to be the vessels of the apocalypse. Specifically, the younger on was supposed to be yours, Luci," Amenadiel said.

"I'm good with this one, thank you," Lucifer stated.

"Yeah, why would there need to be specific vessels? Can't you guys take whoever you want?" Maze asked.

"No, not exactly. A regular angel can take whoever he wants as long as he had permission, but Archangels are different. Our Grace can destroy a human body, unless it's our true vessel or a vessel of the same bloodline. Of course, Lucifer's different because he removed half his Grace," Amenadiel said.

"Yes, well, sometimes humans need to cut limbs off to survive. This is no different. You do what you must," Lucifer said before picking up a book that was left on the table. "Why are these Hunters reading about Nephilims?"

Amenadiel sighed. "Those details I said I'd spare you? Well, since the Hunters aren't here right now, perhaps I should fill you in on them.

"Where are they anyway? Why didn't you just take us right to them?" Maze asked.

"I can't find them. They both have angel sigils that keep them hidden from us. I could only take us to their location. Actually, I'm mildly surprised I was even able to do that. Well, I'm surprised I was able to get you in anyway, Maze. This place is heavily warded. Archangels could get in, but I didn't think a demon would be able to without them letting you in," Amenadiel said.

"Their wards probably refer to those brutalized soul creations. They don't apply to me," Maze said with a smug look. There were two kinds of demons. There were those that were tortured in Hell until they were corrupted and there were those like her. Demons that existed long before humanity did. Human Hunters knew little to nothing about them because they rarely bother with humans. As such, they wouldn't know how to ward against something like Maze.

"About those details, brother," Lucifer interrupted before heading to the door. "Fill me in while I search for a bottle of scotch."

Amenadiel and Maze quickly followed Lucifer out of the library.

It took Lucifer about ten minutes of searching every room he came across before he found the kitchen. "Ah, there must be liquor in here. Go on, Amenadiel. Fill us in."

"Well, there's a lot to fill in. The apocalypse had angels hyped up for a long time. When it failed, there was a lot of chaos, especially since Michael was gone.

"I presume that is when you took charge," Lucifer said before opening the refrigerator. He promptly closed it when he saw what was there. "Ugh! No, I don't do beer."

Amenadiel sighed. "Luci, you know I never wanted to be in charge. I would do what I was asked, but that's as far as I ever wanted to take it. So I stepped aside and let Raphael take the reins."