Twenty Seven

Amenadiel walked back in a few minutes later with Michael. He brought Michael over to the computer and pointed to the screen. "Michael, this is Doctor Linda Martin."

Michael frowned and looked at the object that had the woman's face on it. "What is this machine?"

Linda frowned a bit. The man didn't know what a computer was? Well, she supposed it had to do with his break from reality. Perhaps it affected how he saw objects.

"It's a way for you to talk with someone far away. Listen, we would like you to sit down and talk with Linda," Amenadiel said.

"Why?" Michael asked. He couldn't see why he needed to talk to a human.

"Because we're telling you to!" Lucifer said irritably.

"Brother," Amenadiel admonished. He got Lucifer's anger for Michael, but it wasn't going to do them any good if their brother had another breakdown because Lucifer was too harsh.

Lucifer scowled, but forced himself to calm down and speak civilly. "We need for you to speak with Linda, Michael. We believe it will help you."

"Okay. I'll do it if you want me to," Michael said. If Samael needed him to talk to the human, he'd do it. He'd do anything for his brother, and maybe then, Samael wouldn't be so mad at him. He didn't understand why his brother was angry at him, but he knew he was.

"Go ahead and sit down," Amenadiel said.

Michael sat down in the chair in front of the human on the screen.

"Hi, Michael," Linda greeted.

"Hello," Michael said.

"We'll be outside," Amenadiel said.

"You're leaving?" Michael asked.

"We'll be outside. Linda needs to talk to you alone. We won't be far," Amenadiel promised. When Michael didn't say anything else, he started for the door. The others followed him.

"Are you comfortable, Michael?" Linda asked.

"Yes. Why do you want to talk to me?" Michael asked.

"Because your brothers want to help you feel better about things and they think I can do that better than they can," Linda said. She was pretty sure the first part was the farthest thing from the truth. Lucifer certainly didn't want to help Michael. His interest in seeing Michael return to however he was before was blatantly self-centered. Amenadiel wasn't much better. He wasn't as hostile, but his goal didn't seem to be helping his brother. "Sometimes talking to a stranger can help more than talking to family."

"I like talking to my brothers," Michael said.

"You do? Do you get along with them?" Linda asked.

"Yes. Except Samael's angry with me. I don't know why?" Michael said.

"Samael?" Linda asked. She remembered Amenadiel talking to her about lore on the Devil when he was using her to get to Lucifer. Samael was the Devil's former name. Could Michael be speaking about Lucifer. Lucifer was definitely angry at his brother. "Do you mean Lucifer?"

Michael's eyes widened in fear. He got up and jumped back a few feet. "No! He's bad. He's a monster! He's not my brother! Samael's my brother. They're not the same! They feel the same, but they're not!"

"Michael, calm down. I didn't mean to upset you. I'm sorry," Linda said calmly. Whatever happened to Michael had caused a great deal of fear in him in regard to his brother, or at least part of his brother. It was like he'd split his brother up into two people. She needed to figure out what had happened to cause such fear. She couldn't believe Lucifer had done anything to Michael. He might make metaphors about being Hell's torturer, but they were just metaphors. She couldn't believe he'd hurt someone, especially his brother, no matter how angry he was.