Thirty

Gabriel laid in Sam's arms with a huge grin on his face. He was on cloud nine right now. He hadn't been this happy since before the fighting began in Heaven. Nothing, not even the memories of Asmodeus could ruin his mood right now. He'd just had sex with the man he'd fallen for from the moment they met.

Sam's mood was similar. He couldn't keep the massive grin off his face. He'd been dreaming about this moment for weeks, since not long after finding out Gabriel was still alive. Then after one fight with his brother, somehow all his dreams came true. It was unbelievable. "I cant believe that just happened."

"Are you sorry about it?" Gabriel asked, his mood dampening just slightly at the thought that this might have meant more to him than it did to Sam. What if it was only sex to him?

"Not even a little bit. It was great, and since it happened, I think I may as well go all in. I've had feelings for you for a while. I just didn't think you'd feel the same," Sam said.

Gabriel chuckled. "Then you're as stupid as I am. I thought the exact same thing about you. I've felt something since we met, though I tried to deny it.

"Me too. Well, sort of. I liked you when we met, but then I felt like a fool when I found out you were what we were hunting. I was angry. I felt like you'd betrayed me or something, like you'd led me on, even though that was ridiculous. You had no way of knowing how I felt. Then Mystery Spot happened, and I hated you," Sam said.

"Sam, I'm sorry about that. I don't think there's a single action that I regret more since I was created," Gabriel said sincerely.

"It's okay. I've already forgiven you for it. Once I realized who you really were, I started to piece together why you did it, and your reasons became even more obvious when I met Lucifer. You were trying to protect your brother, the brother who always took care of you. I'd do the same for Dean, even now," Sam told him.

"You're not completely right. I did do it to protect Lucifer. I thought he was in the Cage, and I wanted him to stay there because I didn't want Michael to kill him. But I also did it to protect you. You were so pure, Sammy. You were such a good person. You lit up the world just as Lucifer lit up Heaven. I didn't want to see you fall the way he did. I didn't want to see you corrupted by demon blood, like he was corrupted by the Mark. I had to save you from that," Gabriel said in an almost desperate voice.

"You couldn't. I get why you did it, but you never stood a chance. Nothing was going to stop me from doing whatever it took to save Dean. It didn't help that I wanted to believe the demon blood didn't make me evil," Sam said.

"You mean the bit you were fed as an infant. It didn't," Gabriel said.

"I know, but I couldn't see it at the time. I just wanted to believe that I wasn't going to lose myself. That turned out great," Sam said sarcastically.

"Hey, you saved yourself. You got through it. You were not what the dicks in Heaven and in Hell wanted you to be," Gabriel said firmly.

"Thanks. So, you think we should get dressed?" Sam asked.

"Nope! I'm good here," Gabriel said as he snuggled into the hunter's arms some more.

~

Lucifer walked into the library after hours of fuming after his session with Linda. He found everyone but Sam and Gabriel there researching. Well, Michael wasn't researching. He was fiddling with someone's cellphone, probably trying to figure out what it was.

Amenadiel was the first to notice Lucifer. "Hello, brother. How did your session go?"

Lucifer scowled at Amenadiel and then glared at Michael, as if it were his fault, which in his mind, it was. He was the bastard Linda wanted him to forgive, like that would ever happen.