Thirteen

Lucifer smiled gleefully as Asmodeus yelled in agony. Lucifer was currently finishing up the stitches on Asmodeus' mouth for the third time. The first time he'd done it, he'd asked Amenadiel for his opinion on his handiwork. His brother told him it looked lopsided. So of course, Lucifer had to cut them out and start again.

"Alright, brother. Now what do you think? I hope I did alright. I don't think our friend would like it very much if I had to start over yet again."

Amenadiel looked at Asmodeus and pretended to ponder. "Well, I suppose it's good enough. We really should move on now."

"Excellent," Lucifer said before turning back to Asmodeus. "I'm terribly sorry about all this, but I'm sure you understand. Imperfection isn't acceptable."

Asmodeus could do nothing but groan in pain while glaring at his tormentor.

"Now, for the next step, I need to learn exactly what you did to my brother. It is very important that I inflict every level of pain on you as you did on him. Since you can't exactly tell me what you did, I'm going to have to extract the information from your mind. Fair warning though, it will hurt," Lucifer said before placing his hand on Asmodeus' head. Honestly, he could do it without inflicting pain, but that would defeat his purposes. He wanted to cause the bastard pain.

Asmodeus screamed as much as he could through his stitched-up mouth. It felt like something was burning its way through his mind as it sifted through thought after thought.

Lucifer became angrier and angrier with each image he got of his baby brother being tortured at the hands of this monster. He was sure his eyes were glowing bright red by now. But that was as far as he would let his ire to take over. He refused to lose control. If he did, he would end up killing Asmodeus prematurely. That wasn't acceptable. He was not going to kill him until Asmodeus begged him.

Lucifer finally removed his hand. "Well, it appears I have my work cut out for me. I have hundreds of years' worth of torture to inflict on you in just a few days. Don't worry though, I'll manage."

"Hundreds of years?" Amenadiel asked in a strained voice.

Lucifer nodded. "He had him here for seven years on Earth. That means seven hundred years down here."

Amenadiel closed his eyes sadly. The pain his brother had gone through was much worse than he'd even imagined. It was hard to believe Gabriel was still sane after so long.

Lucifer went over to the small table holding an array of knives and other blades. He picked one of them up, as well as a vial that was right next to it before approaching Asmodeus once more. "Now, first thing's first. Time to take what you've stolen." He made a cut into Asmodeus' neck and watched as Gabriel's Grace poured out of him.

Asmodeus yelled out, both in pain and protest. Without that Grace, he would be weak again. Not that he seemed particularly strong at the moment anyway.

"There we are. You really shouldn't take things that aren't yours," Lucifer said before putting the cap on the vial of Grace and putting it in his pocket. "Now we'll begin the real pain."

~~

Sam gently closed the door of Gabriel's room after checking on the archangel. Gabriel was still sound asleep.

Castiel was standing behind Sam when he turned around. "How is he?"

Sam jumped in surprise at his friend's sudden presence. "Cas, stop doing that!"

"I apologise, Sam. How is Gabriel?"

"He's still sleeping. Hopefully he sleeps until Lucifer and Amenadiel get back. I'm not sure how he'll respond to Lucifer being gone," Sam said.