Twenty-Six

Sam walked into the kitchen and found Gabriel and Jack there. Gabriel was at the stove cooking, and Jack was sitting at the table watching. "Hey, guys."

Jack turned to him first. "Hi, Sam. Uncle Gabriel is making lunch."

"You don't have to do that, Gabriel. You're a guest here," Sam said as he walked over to him.

Gabriel waved the comment off. "Most have taken their turn in the kitchen. Luci made dinner for everyone last night. It's only fair that I take a turn."

"Well, thanks, but I don't want you to feel obligated," Sam said.

"I don't," was all Gabriel said.

"How do you and Father know how to cook so well when you don't need to eat. That's why Castiel says he doesn't know how," Jack said.

"Your dad has needed to eat in the past, before his Grace was restored. He eats now, just like I always have because the food is great. It may not be necessary, but we love it," Gabriel explained.

"What are you making?" Sam asked.

"Burgers," Gabriel said.

Just then, Amenadiel appeared out of nowhere. He wasn't alone.

"Adam," Sam said as soon as he saw the form of his younger brother with Amenadiel. It only took him seconds after he uttered the name to realize that it was not actually his brother. It was Michael.

Sam practically sprinted over to Jack. He pulled the boy up and pushed him behind him.

"Sam, what's wrong?" Jack asked.

"Amenadiel, what the hell were you thinking?" Gabriel asked. His eyes were trained on Michael as he spoke.

Michael, meanwhile, smiled and approached his little brother. "Gabriel!"

Gabriel didn't even have time to register what was happening before his older brother put his arms around him. Immediately, Gabriel started to panic. He didn't like being touched. The only kind of touch he'd known was pain for so long. He didn't let anyone but Lucifer and Sam touch him, and even then, he freaked out at times if he didn't see it coming.

"Let him go! You're freaking him out!" Sam yelled. He went up to them while keeping a good eye on Jack as well.

Amenadiel went over and pulled Michael off their little brother. "Michael, stop."

Gabriel backed up several feet and started breathing heavily.

Sam went over to him. "Hey. It's okay."

"Don't touch me!" Gabriel yelled as he backed up.

Sam put his hands up so that Gabriel could see them. "I wont unless you say it's okay. I just want you to know you're safe. No one's gonna hurt you."

Gabriel began to calm down as he realized who was speaking to him. For a second, he'd forgotten who was there with him. He just felt like he was going to suffocate. But now that he had a little space and heard Sam's words, he was starting to come back to reality. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault," Sam said.

"What's wrong with Gabriel," Michael asked. He tried to go over to his brother, but Amenadiel was holding him back.

Just then, Lucifer, Dean and Castiel made it into the room. Dean was the first to speak. "What the hell is..." Adam?"

"No, that isn't Adam?" Castiel said.

"Jack, come here, now!" Lucifer told his son.

Jack walked over. "That's you brother, Michael, right?" Jack asked.