Four

Dean looked at the guy Cas claimed was Lucifer in shock. It couldn't really be him, could it? He supposed Lucifer could have changed his vessel, though he wasn't sure why, but how'd he get out of the alternate universe if it really was him? "This is Lucifer?"

"At your service," Lucifer said with a smirk.

"How'd you get out of the alternate universe, and where is our mother? I swear if you hurt her, I'll kill you!" Dean growled.

Lucifer looked to his brother with a quizzical look. Apparently, there were things Amenadiel hadn't explained yet.

"The Nephilim accidentally opened up a portal to another universe before he was born. It got trapped inside," Amenadiel explained.

"Wait, it's locked up. What the hell are we doing here then? We can just let it be," Maze said.

"Oh, no. It needs to be punished for what its done," Lucifer said in a dangerous tone.

"Maze, it has already been locked up twice. It got out. We can't take the chance that it will again," Amenadiel said.

"What are you assholes talking about? Where is my mother?" Dean demanded to know.

"Dean, this being and the one in the alternate universe are not the same being," Castiel said.

"Cas, you just said he was Lucifer," Sam pointed out. Honestly though, this man did not seem like Lucifer. He was an ass, but just from the few minutes they'd been around him, he seemed different.

"I said I think he is. I can sense his Grace, and it feels like Lucifer, but he's not the one that we released from the Cage twice. He's not the one who sired Jack or got locked in the alternate universe," Castiel said.

"Why do you say that?" Dean asked.

"Well, for one, his Grace is depleted, by a lot. It's also not as dark. It isn't corrupted by the Mark of Cain. This is not the same Archangel we've known. I would know. He spent months inside me," Castiel said.

"Then he can't be Lucifer," Dean said.

"I beg to differ. I am Lucifer. I am the Devil," Lucifer said with a proud smile.

Dean glared at him. "If you're not the asshole that we've known all this time, you're not the Devil. I'm not sure why you'd pretend to be."

Lucifer levelled the man with his own glare. "I don't pretend. I do not lie."

"We know all about Lucifer. Believe me, I was locked in the Cage with him for over a century. I've seen his real face," Sam said. He barely managed to contain a shudder as he spoke.

Lucifer looked at the Hunter in shock. "You what? How are you still bloody sane? Or alive? I did not design that place to hold a human."

"You didn't design it at all. God did to lock the Devil up," Dean said.

"You know, that's the only part that ever bothered me. Dad got credit for my creation. That cage was created by me, not him. Then the rumours got out of hand until the outrageous story that Dad locked me into it. It was both annoying and entertaining at the same time," Lucifer said.

"What are you talking about? I know that it was God that made that cage," Castiel said.

"Do you? You were just a little fledgling at the time," Lucifer pointed out.

"Michael..."

"Michael's an idiot," Lucifer said before he started to walk away.

"Where the hell are you going?" Dean asked.