Five

Lucifer felt the boy the very second he tried. It wasn't even hard to find him. Lucifer hadn't been able to feel an angel that wasn't directly in front of him since he cut out his corrupted Grace. But he felt the boy from across the country. Amenadiel couldn't feel, but Lucifer could. That meant the boy was explicitly connected to him, connected to his Grace. He could almost convince himself that it was just because his creation sired the boy, but Lucifer could feel his Grace. It wasn't corrupted. It was pure, and much like his own before the Mark was forced on him.

"You can feel him, can't you brother?" Amenadiel asked.

"Can you? Where is he? Where is Jack?" Castiel demanded to know.

"Maryland," Lucifer said.

Maze laughed. "Well, should we go out for a drink and cigar to celebrate the new father?"

Lucifer was too shocked, and also a bit horrified, to even react to Maze's mocking. The boy was his. He could feel it as he sensed the young Nephilim. It wasn't even just the fact that the kid had similar Grace or the fact that Lucifer could sense him from so far away. It was something Lucifer could just feel as his small amount of Grace reached the boy.

"Can you admit it now, Luci?" Amenadiel asked.

"Yes," Lucifer replied quietly. He could admit, but he wasn't happy. He'd never, ever planned to become a father, and not just because it was forbidden. He didn't do well with children, He didn't even like the limited contact he had with Chloe Decker's child. Now he was a father to a child he hadn't actually conceived himself. That just wasn't right.

"No, you're lying. You aren't Jack's father. You weren't even with his mother," Castiel said. Not even angels could have children without being with the child's mother first. Lucifer, if that was truly him, had to be lying.

Lucifer glared at the seraph. "What part of 'I do not lie' is hard for you to grasp, brother? And if I was going to lie, why would I lie about this? I don't like children. Why in the world would I want my own? Plus, you just witnessed an argument against me being the kid's father. Use your brain."

"This is freaking crazy. Now people can have kids without having sex?" Dean asked.

"You've just read my mind," Lucifer said as he continued to try to wrap his head around it.

"Luci, we need to find that boy," Amenadiel said.

"No freaking way. You assholes aren't going anywhere near that kid!" Dean said.

Maze snorted. "I'd like to see you stop them. Seriously, I'd like to see it."

"Would everybody shut it and let a chap come to terms with finding out he's a father?" Lucifer asked annoyed.

"Lucifer, I know you're shocked, but we really need to get to this boy. Everything in the world is likely after him. The other angels certainly are," Amenadiel said.

Lucifer didn't want to go after the kid. He wanted to go back to LA and forget this ever happened, but he couldn't. He might not want to be a father, but he was one. He would not be like his own father was. He would not abandon his own child. "Yes, you're probably right."

Amenadiel turned to Maze. "Maze, you should stay here. I don't know how a Nephilim would react to a demon."

"Fine by me. I don't do family drama. But have a good reunion," Maze said with a smile. The last part was directed to Lucifer.

"Hey! I said none of you are getting near Jack!" Dean yelled.

"Dean," Castiel warned. While he didn't want them near Jack either, he did not think it was a good idea to provoke these people. Amenadiel was just as powerful as Michael, and Lucifer, depleted Grace or not, was not someone to anger.