3 || THE CAMPAIGN

CARRY ON
"You fucking got this, Riley."

IT WAS NIGHT NOW, meaning it was time for the campaign. Eddie, Riley and their friends were busy waiting for Dustin and Mile to arrive with their sub.

"Why are they so fucking slow?" Riley asked no one in particular with a sigh, clearly getting impatient.

The boy didn't get a response as the door flew open which revealed Dustin and Mike and their sub. Erica Sinclair, Lucas's sister.

"Erica?" Riley asked in disbelief, moving slightly closer to the younger girl. "That's right." She said with a small smirk on her face.

"Absolutely not." Eddie told Dustin and Mike, not moving his eyes off the small girl. "You asked for a sub, we delivered." Dustin shrugged.

"This is Hellfire Club. Not Babysitting Club." The Munson boy reminded the two making Riley nudge him on the shoulder. "Yeah, might wanna be careful. Learned that the hard way." Ri muttered the last part but still loud enough for him to hear.

"Or what?" Eddie asked with a chuckle as he looked the girl up and down. "I'm eleven you long-haired freak." The girl sassed making Eddie's eyes widen.

"My, my, the child speaks." Eddie's comment made his friends chuckle, minus Riley who didn't want to risk Erica coming after him, again.

Eddie stood up and moved towards the girl who had yet to move from her spot. "So, what's your name, child?"

"Erica Sinclair." The older boy chuckled at the name as a small smirk appeared on his face. "So this is Sinclair's infamous sister." Erica rolled her eyes and turned back to the two who had dragged her along, "He's sharp."

Everyone began chuckling at the girl's comment, causing Eddie to snap his head around making them all immediately stop.

"What's your class and level? Level one dwarf?" It was now Eddie's turn to make everyone laugh and it was also Erica who made them stop.

"My name is Lady Applejack. And I'm a chaotic good half-elf-rouge, level fourteen. And I will sneak behind any monster you throw my way and stab them in the back with my poison-soaked kukri. And I'll smile as I watch them die a slow agonising death. So, we gonna do this, or we gonna keep chitchatting like this is your mommy's book club?"

The room went silent as everyone looked at the youngest Sinclair with wide eyes, Riley bit his lip to prevent a laugh from escaping his mouth.

Eddie smirked at the girl and put out his hand for the girl to shake, "Welcome to Hellfire."
The girl gladly shook his hand and with that, the campaign began.

The members of Hellfire had set up everything and were now gathered around the game nervously. "The hooded cultists chant, 'Hail Lord Vecna.'" Eddie spoke lowly as his eyes roamed everyone's faces.

"Hail Lord Vecna."

"They turn to you, remove their hoods. You recognise most of them from Makbar. But there is one you do not recognise, his skin is shrivelled, desiccated. And something else. He is not only missing his left arm, but his left eye!" Everyone, including Riley, began yelling in disbelief.

"What? No!" Riley yelled as he slammed his head down onto the table. "Vecna's dead!" Gareth yelled at the Munson boy. "He was killed by Kas!" Mike added.

"So it was thought, my friends. So it was thought. But Vecna lives." Eddie slammed down the small figure of Vecna onto the table as the rest continued yelling.