17 || THE OAR

CARRY ON
"Now is not the time to fight over a fucking oar!"

IT WAS NOW LATER THAT day, Riley was still with Eddie and for the full day, they had moved locations to the building behind the house which they had found Eddie in as it seemed like a safer spot.

"Well, what if I wanted to give birth to a baby?" Riley asked Eddie from his spot against the boy's chest making the boy shrug. He went to reply but stopped as the sound of a vehicle approaching outside was heard.

The two boys looked at each other before jumping from their spots and heading toward the window. Slightly peeking out, they saw a car stop outside making them both fall to the ground instantly.

"Who the fuck is that?" Riley whisper yelled to the Munson boy who turned to look at him. "I don't know I was about to ask you."

Peeking their heads out again, they saw Jason and his little cliché heading towards the house which sat in front of the building they were currently hiding in.

"Shit. Shit." Eddie whispered before making his way over to the other window which had a better view of the house.

"This is so not good." Riley told the Munson boy as he joined him at the other window. "Wait, did you close the door?" Riley questioned, making Eddie furrow his brows.

"What? I thought you did?" Eddie told the Blood boy making him shake his head no. "You were supposed to close it."

"You were the last one out!" Eddie defended himself making Riley slightly nod his head. "Okay, that was a good point."

The duo turned their attention back to the boys as they began walking into the house meaning they could no longer see them.

Eddie moved spots, once again, to a different window and picked up the walkie-talkie which they had brung with them and placed it to his mouth.

"Hey, Dustin. It's Eddie, you remember me, right? Hey, if anyone's there, I really think I might be in a bit of trouble here. Okay? Wheeler?" The Munson boy spoke quickly but unsurprisingly he didn't get a response causing him to hit the device. "Anybody?!"

"What the fuck is the point in having a walkie if you aren't gonna carry it with you in case of an emergency!" Riley asked Eddie as he slightly raised his voice, making sure he wasn't too loud in case he was heard.

Hours had passed, and the two boys were still hiding out. It was now dark, and Riley was surprised they hadn't stopped looking by now, especially because they weren't in the house.

"How fucking long does it take to look through a goddman house?" Riley whispered as the two boys looked out the window which had a good view of the house.

The Blood boy didn't get a response as they could now see a figure looking out the window directly at the place they were hiding.

"Oh, shit." Eddie spoke quietly as the two boys immediately ducked down. "Do you think he saw us?" Riley questioned as Eddie now began speaking through the walkie once again.

"Dustin? Please. Are...Are you there?" The only thing they could hear from the walkie was static, which only meant one thing. "Never mind." Eddie dismissed before placing down the walkie and making his way towards the boat.