25 || THE PAST

CARRY ON
"Yeah, I don't understand why you'd buy those shit shoes either..."

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THE point in this stupid earthquake, anyways?" Riley yelled before his eye caught sight of Nancy running away.

"Nancy!" The boy yelled, now quickly helping Robin off the floor and pushing her to follow Nancy before turning back to Steve and Eddie who continued to lay on the floor.

Riley quickly ran over to the two boys before helping up Eddie by grabbing his hand and making him stand up then turning to Steve as he reached out his hand for the boy to take which he gladly took and instantly stood up.

Neither of the three said anything but instead, they rushed over to the direction in which the Wheeler girl had run off to.

They were soon met with the back of both Robin and Nancy's heads as they looked in the direction of the one and only Wheeler residence.

Thunder boomed loudly above, slightly alarming Riley making him grab tight a hold of Eddie's hand which he gladly held back with a small squeeze.

"Come on." Nancy instructed her friends before she began rushing in the direction of her house, with the group now following right behind her.

It didn't take long for them to arrive, once they had reached their location, Nancy had opened the door to reveal her now very much viney house.

The five walked slowly into the house as Steve shone his flashlight around their sort of new surroundings.

"You know, you could do with a bit of cleaning once in a while." Riley told the Wheeler who just grinned at his comment. "Yeah, maybe time to get a maid, Wheeler." Robin then added as they continued their walk further into the house.

"Come on. I don't want to stay here than we have to." Nancy turned serious as she now walked up the stairs with everyone quickly following behind.

Turning the corner, they came face to face with the door of Nancy's room, the girl almost immediately opened it and headed towards her closet.

Opening the doors, she pulled out a shoe box and then moved to her desk and opened the box only to reveal shoes.

"Those aren't guns." Eddie pointed out to Nancy as Riley nodded his head in agreement. "Yeah, not very nice shoes either. No offence or anything..." Riley quickly added on the last part, realising how the girl probably liked the shoes considering that she had bought them.

"None taken..." The Wheeler trailed off, although she sounded slightly confused but Riley didn't take any notice.

"Thank God because those are fucking ugly." Riley sighed as Robin now took a turn to speak.

"These heels are a bit pointy, but I was hoping for a deadly projectile." Robin told the girl who began shaking her head. "I don't understand."

"Yeah, I don't understand why you'd buy those shit shoes either..." Riley mumbled which only earned him a small smack from Robin.

"Maybe you left them somewhere else." Eddie suggested to Nancy who now turned her head to look at him. "There's a six-year-old in the house. I know where I keep my guns. And also, I threw these away years ago."

"Then why the fuck did you buy them again?" The Blood boy questioned but got no response as she was more focused on something that sat beside the box.

Placing her hand down and grabbing it, Riley now saw that it was chemistry flash cards which just made the boy more confused.

"How do you understand any of that?" Riley questioned before Robin then spoke up. "I get that grades are important, but perhaps studying can wait till we get out?"

"These are from sophomore chemistry." Nancy informed her friends causing the Blood boy to furrow his brows. "What? But that shit on the cards is so hard."

"Yeah, of course, you would think that." Eddie mumbled although Riley heard it perfectly. "Remind me again why you're twenty yet still in high school? Right, because you got held back. Twice. So don't come to me with that fucking attitude."

"And this...this wallpaper, this is old wallpaper." Nancy continued, ignoring the slight bickering happening between both Eddie and Riley.

Nancy walked away from the three before turning back to a mirror which was currently hung up on the wall which made her even more confused.

"And this mirror, this went to a yard sale." Nancy informed them but at this point, it seemed like she was talking to herself.

The Wheeler girl now turned to her bed, her brows furrowing once again as she looked at it. "And you..." Nancy picked up a teddy and held it in her arms before speaking, "You're not supposed to be here. No, I gave you to cousin Joanna two years ago."

"What the fuck is going on." Riley mumbled to himself as he watched the girl now wander to her bedside table which sat on the other side of the room.

The girl picked up what looked like a diary and she immediately began flicking through the pages before coming to a stop as she stared at it.

Robin, Eddie and Riley all made their way to the girl as they noticed that she slightly shook her head. "What is it?" Eddie asked, not understanding what was going on with the frantic girl.

The girl didn't respond, her eyes glued to the page making Robin step forwards slightly. "Nancy? You're freaking me out."

"You're freaking everyone out." Riley added as he grabbed Eddie's hand which brought him some sort of comfort.

"I think the reason that my guns aren't here...is because they don't exist yet." Nancy finally said, each friend now furrowing their brows at what they had just heard.

"They don't...exist?" Eddie questioned, making sure he had heard correctly since it sounded crazy.

Nancy finally turned around to face her friends, noticing how each of them held nothing but a confused and partly scared expression.

"This diary should be full of entries. It's not. The last entry is November 6, 1983." Nancy informed them, making the dark-haired boy's eyes immediately widen at that. "That's the day Will went missing..." Riley trailed off.

"The day the gate opened." Nancy finished for Riley who looked at her very confused. "We're in the past." The Wheeler told them, the trio now turning to look at each other.

"Dustin? Dustin!" A voice yelled from downstairs. It was Steve.

"I thought he was up here with us?" Riley asked his three friends who all looked at him before rushing out the room to go find their injured friend who continued to yell.

alex speaks

i just remembered i go back to school in like two weeks which means i'm in year 10 which means i start my GSCE coursework and i'm freaking out

please vote and comment!!
word count: 1158