21 || THE GATE

CARRY ON
"That's what she said."

THE GROUP HADN'T MOVED far but they were now standing in front of a boat which they were soon going to use to find the gate.

Eddie ripped off the tarp that covered the boat so they could now see it properly. The group looked at each other before Riley, Steve and Eddie moved forwards.

"Riley, get behind the boat." Steve instructed the boy as both Eddie and Steve moved to different sides.

"Why me?" Riley asked in disbelief as he looked at the Harrington boy who picked up one side of the boat. "Just do it."

Riley rolled his eyes before making his way behind the boat and picking it up. Eddie soon picked up his side making the three boys slowly walk towards the lake.

"Easy, okay?" Steve told the two boys as Riley now felt water hitting his legs. "Now I'm wet, thanks, Steve." Riley grumbled as they slowly lowered the boat into the lake.

Putting the boat down didn't go as smoothly as Steve wanted as Eddie and Riley let go too early causing it to splash.

"Easy. I...I said easy, man." The Harrington boy told them as Eddie scratched the back of his head. "Sorry, dude."

"I'm not." Riley spat, still standing in his position as he held the boat still ready for someone to get in.

Robin made her way forwards and placed her hands on both Steve and Eddie's heads as she climbed into the boat making Riley chuckle.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna do that." Robin said with a smirk as she managed to climb in. "Thank you." Robin said as Steve just shrugged.
"Yeah, that works too."

Eddie quickly followed behind the girl and shot a quick smirk at Riley who still stood in the water. "Having fun?" The Munson boy asked sarcastically making Riley send him a forced smile.

"Yeah! So fun. I'm freezing my fucking balls off and the water has only reached my ankles." Riley exclaimed as Nancy soon joined the two in the boat.

Steve shot the Blood boy a look causing him to let out a sigh as he finally moved from his spot. "Fuck you." Riley told him before splashing Steve with water making him roll his eyes. "That was unnecessary."

"You're unnecessary." Riley told the boy before turning to the boat ready to climb in.

Eddie put out his hand to help Riley climb into the boat which he happily took with a grin. "Thank you, kind sir." Riley thanked the boy as he sat down next to Robin and Nancy.

Dustin now moved forwards making Eddie put his hand out stopping the boy from climbing on. "Hey, hey, hey, you trying to sink us?"

"This thing holds four people tops, okay?" Eddie told the Henderson boy who only looked at him in disbelief.

"It's better this way, okay? You guys stay here with Max." Nancy told Dustin who still stared at his friends like they were insane.

"Keep an eye out for trouble, Henderson." Riley told Dustin who now raised his brows at the Blood boy. "You keep an eye out."

Riley and Nancy pulled faces at the boy who instantly pulled the same one back at them. "It's my goddamn theory." Dustin reminded them as he threw his arms up in the air.