16 || THE ROGER TAYLOR CRUSH

CARRY ON
"The things I would let Roger Taylor do to me..."

ONCE AGAIN, THE BLOOD boy awoke with a heavy inhale. His eyes snapped open as his hands ripped off the headphones which sat on his head.

"Jesus Christ!" Eddie yelled, pulling the boy into a tight embrace. "Fucking hell!" Riley then yelled, letting his head rest against the boy's chest.

"You're okay, right?" Eddie asked, now rubbing his finger against the Blood boy's cheek to calm him down.

"Fuck if I know. Didn't expect it to happen so soon." Riley told Eddie who only furrowed his brows. "You were expecting that?"

"Oh yeah, it's happened before." The slightly younger boy told him with a chuckle. "That's happened before? And you didn't tell me?"

"I didn't tell anyone. That's why I came here, they found out." Riley informed the Munson boy who was clearly lost.

Riley finally sat up from his space and turned to look at the Munson boy who was gaping at him. "Has this happened before? Is this what happened the last time you went up against monsters or whatever?"

"Oh, no. This time it's much worse." Riley smiled at him before realising what he said would not he found comforting.

"Uh, but, we still have El, the chick with superpowers. Only she's in California..." Riley muttered the last part, not realising it was loud enough for Eddie to hear.

The two boys sat in silence, not sure what to say after the whole almost dying thing.

Riley awkwardly cleared his throat before facing the Munson boy who looked lost in his thoughts.

"I'm sorry." The shorter-haired boy apologised, Eddie's head instantly turning to face him.

"For what?" He questioned, not understanding why he was getting an apology. "I probably triggered your PTSD."

"You know, with, uh, Chrissy. Cause the same thing happened to her but I didn't levitate and all my bones in my body didn't snap and I didn't..." Riley stopped his sentence, noticing the sad but mostly awkward expression Eddie held on his face.

"What I'm trying to say is, I didn't mean to trigger your PTSD." Riley nodded, moving his hand to pat the longer-haired boy on his shoulder.

"It's alright, you actually made me feel like a hero. With the whole putting the headphones on which saved you." Eddie chuckled, a small grin appearing on his face.

"It was actually pretty cool. Felt like I was in a movie with the music in the background." Riley exclaimed with a smile.

"Damn, I've got an amazing music taste." Riley told himself, allowing his hand to now pat himself on the shoulder.

"You only listen to Queen." Eddie informed him causing the Blood boy to nod. "Like I said, amazing music taste."

"The things I would let Roger Taylor do to me..." The boy trailed off with a dreamy look on his face as he thought about the man.

"Who's that?" Eddie asked, Riley immediately turning his head to look at him in disbelief. "Is that a serious question? Who's Roger Taylor?"

"He's only the fucking hottest drummer there is." Riley told the boy who chuckled. "Is he now?"

"I'd choose him over my life." The short-haired boy informed him, Eddie's eyebrows immediately raising with a grin. "Really? What about over me?"

"Ooh, well, that's a bit hard now, isn't it?" Riley chuckled at the boy making Eddie do the same in response.

The two boys leaned in, their lips immediately connecting with each others. Riley could feel Eddie smile through the kiss, causing him to do the same.

It didn't take long for the boys to pull apart, and of course, they both had grins on their faces. This time it wasn't awkward but instead, it seemed like they had been a couple for years and it was a normal thing.

"Oh, you know what we need more of? Food." Eddie told the boy, immediately standing up from his spot causing Riley to do the same.

"I thought you had a decent amount." Riley furrowed his brows as he followed the Munson boy to the kitchen.

"No, when I came to the kitchen earlier to get you some food, I couldn't find a thing." Eddie chuckled, now picking up the walkie-talkie which sat on the kitchen table.

"Ever so sorry that our food delivery service isn't the best. Is there anything we can do to make you feel better?" Riley chuckled as he put on a fake accent.

Eddie faked a pout and crossed his arms over his chest, "Well, I suppose getting another kiss will do nicely." The boy also spoke in a fake accent making Riley smile.

Riley quickly leaned in and gave the boy a peck on his lips making Eddie nod his head. "That was extraordinary. Thank you for your service."

Eddie smiled one last time before bringing the walkie-talkie up to his mouth and speaking, "Hey, Dustin, this is Eddie the Banished. You there?"

The boy didn't get a response, making him speak once again. "Dustin, can you hear me? Dustin? Earth to Dustin?"

It took a few seconds, but eventually, a voice was finally heard. "Hey, it's Nancy."

"Wheeler! Hey. Um, I'm gonna need a food delivery, like, really soon, unless you want me going out into the world." Eddie suggested to the girl which he immediately got a response to.

"No. No, no, no. Don't do that. Stay where you are, and we'll be there as soon as we can." Nancy told the Munson boy who nodded his head although she couldn't see him.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Listen, um... can you pick me up a six-pack? I know it's stupid as shit, drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves." Eddie informed the Wheeler girl who was on the other side of the device.

"Hey, could you ask for some M&MS? They're my favourite." Riley grinned at the boy who nodded his head also with a grin.

"And, hey, can you get some M&Ms too?" The Munson boy questioned. "Hang on, is Riley with you?"

Eddie turned back to look at the Blood boy who frantically shook his head indicating to say he wasn't. "Uh, no. No, he's not. Why, is he not with you guys?" Eddie played dumb, not taking his eyes off the Blood boy who gave him a smile as a thank you.

"You know what, forget it." The Wheeler girl dismissed what she had said before quickly speaking again. "Hey, I'm going to have to call you back."

"No, don't you dare. Wheeler? Wheeler?" The Munson boy got no response, making him groan loudly and put the walkie back down on the table.

"At least we got some food, right?" Riley tried to cheer the boy up who was now unhappy that the Wheeler girl had just left.

Eddie looked at the boy with a grin before smirking and walking towards him. "Come here."

alex speaks

i am so bad at updating lord help me. i had to add a sentence about roger taylor because i love that man with my whole heart and so does Riley. it was also roger's 73rd bday yesterday woo

please vote and comment!!
word count: 1214