20 || THE BOYFRIENDS

CARRY ON
"Boyfriends it is."

"BOOM!" THE HENDERSON boy yelled as he turned around making the whole group jump.

"Jesus fuck!" Riley yelled as he tightly grabbed a hold of the Munson boy who did the same to him.

Dustin pointed his finger at Steve who stood there confused as the younger boy began moving closer. "Bada...bada...boom."

"I was right." Dustin told Steve who instantly rolled his eyes. "Skull Rock was north."

"Seriously? You're serious?" Steve scoffed in disbelief as he raised his brows at the younger boy.

"Mm-hmm." Dustin nodded his head with a  proud grin. "This is Skull Rock. Okay?" The Harrington boy yelled as he pointed his fingers to the giant rock beside them.

"Mm-hmm." Dustin nodded once again as Steve continued, "You're totally, absolutely, 100% wrong. Right now."

"Yes." Dustin agreed before shaking his head in disagreement. "And no."

"Oh my God." Steve scoffed in disbelief making him turn away from the boy.

"Why does it matter if Skull Rock is north? It's a fucking rock." Riley asked the two boys making Eddie nod his head. "That's a good question."

Dustin now looked at the two confused boys and held up his hand to reveal a compass. "This worked perfectly when we left the Wheelers."

"It was correct when we got in the car on Curly. But it started to slip the further east we went. Now it's way off." Dustin explained to the group which only made Riley more confused.

"When I was leading us here, I wasn't wrong. The compass was." Dustin told them making Steve scoff once again.

"So you're using faulty equipment. You're still wrong." Steve chuckled with disbelief. "Except it isn't faulty." Dustin disagreed with the boy.

"What the fuck is even happening." The Blood boy mumbled as he rubbed his temples, growing more confused by the second.

"Lucas, remember what can affect a compass?" Dustin asked the Sinclair boy who apparently caught on to what the boy was trying to say. "An electromagnetic field."

"Sorry. I must've skipped that class." Robin said with raised eyebrows as she looked at the two boys.

"I didn't even know that class was a thing." Riley mumbled as Eddie leaned closer to the boy. "What are we talking about?" He whispered.

"I have no clue." The Blood boy responded in a whispered tone just like Eddie had done. "This is why we suck at school."

"In the presence of a stronger electromagnetic field, the needle will deflect towards that power. So either there's some super big magnet around here, or..." Dustin trailed off with a grin as he turned to look at Lucas. "There's a gate." He finished.

"You know what, that's actually starting to make sense." Riley told the group with a proud grin on his face.

"But we're nowhere near the lab." Nancy reminded Dustin with furrowed brows. "But what it, somehow, there's another gate? A gate that we don't know about. It'd have to be smaller. Way less powerful."

"Snack-size gate." Robin turned her head to Dustin as she spoke. "How? Why?" Steve then questioned.

"No idea. All I know is that something is causing this disturbance, and the last time we've seen anything like it, it was a gate. And I hope it is because then we'd have a way to find Vecna. And a shot of freeing Max from this curse and Riley." Dustin exclaimed before walking off leaving the whole group confused.