18 || THE WALKIE TALKIE

CARRY ON
"Yeah, you wish you could have this D."

THE TWO BOYS HAD MANAGED to escape Jason whilst he was more focused on what had happened to his friend.

It was now the next day, Eddie and Riley hadn't had a break from walking both weary in case they were to get caught.

"Where are we supposed to go?" Riley asked the Munson boy as they continued to wander through the woods.

"We need to get in touch with Dustin or someone." Eddie told the boy who kicked a few sticks as they walked. "And how are we supposed to do that without a walkie-talkie?"

"That I have no idea." The long-haired boy sighed. Riley suddenly stopped in his tracks, confusing the Munson boy.

"What are you doing?" Eddie asked the boy who looked out into the distance. "Do you hear that?" Riley asked the boy.

"Hear what?" Eddie questioned, apparently not hearing what the Blood boy was. "Are you deaf or— you know what? Never mind. It's people and it sounds like they're doing construction."

"Okay? Then maybe we should be walking away from the people, right?" Eddie raised a brow at the boy who instantly shook his head.

"No. What do construction workers carry with them?" Riley asked the boy who furrowed his brows. "Uh...construction stuff?"

"This is why you were held back twice." Riley muttered although the Munson boy clearly heard what he said.

"Can't be saying much with your D's." Eddie told the boy who scoffed. "Yeah, you wish you could have this D." Riley rolled his eyes as he spoke.

"That's besides the point. Walkie-talkie's, Eddie. That's what they carry." Riley informed the boy who now seemed to get what he was saying.

"So what you're saying is we should steal a walkie-talkie?" Eddie questioned with a grin. "Yeah, you in?" Riley asked as a grin now appeared on his face too.

"I'm in."

The two didn't waste any time to get to the construction site. People were everywhere which was a huge risk but, they didn't care.

"Wait, how exactly are we going to steal one?" Eddie questioned in a whisper tone as they crouched down in the woods so they were out of view.

"Uh, well, you see, I have a plan!" Riley stuttered as he realised he didn't really think any of it through.

"No. No, you don't." The Munson boy bluntly responded making Riley let out a scoff. "Yeah, actually, I do."

"Really? What is it?" Eddie questioned as he raised a brow and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well, uh..." Riley turned to look at the site, his eyes roaming everywhere so he could come up with something.

His eyes landed on a man who had placed down his walkie-talkie on a stack of wood which was very close to where they were currently hiding.

The man walked away from where he had placed it down, a smirk immediately taking over the Blood boy's features.

"All we've got to do is sneak in there and grab that walkie-talkie which is sitting right there and sneak back into the woods." Riley told the boy with a smug look.

"Really? That's the plan?" Eddie asked with a dumbfounded expression. "I mean, unless you wanted to just walk right in there in the obvious where everyone can see you and grab a walkie-talkie off one of the guys then yeah, that's the plan."

Eddie groaned at the boy before turning back and sneaking onto the site as Riley followed close behind.

The two boys made sure to not be seen and as soon as Eddie had grabbed what they needed, they ran.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Riley cheered quietly in success as the two boys continued running through the woods so they were far away.

"And you doubted my plan." Riley told Eddie who gave him a forced smile. "Because it was shit. That's why."

"Yeah, okay, well it worked." Riley shrugged as he moved closer to the Munson boy. "You're right. It did." Eddie smirked.

The two boys leaned in and gave one another a short but sweet kiss. Pulling away, they continued their walk to wherever the hell they were going.

It felt like hours had passed but in reality, it had only been minutes. Neither of the boys knew where they were headed until it clicked in Riley's head. "Hey, I know where we are." The Blood boy informed Eddie who now looked at him.

"What? You do?" The boy furrowed his brows as they stopped in their tracks. "Yeah, we're close to Skull Rock. And that would also be a perfect place to hide."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go." Eddie grabbed ahold of the Blood boy's hand as they made their way to the rock.

As they arrived, they quickly rushed behind the rock so they were now hopefully safe from anyone who just so happened to pass by.

Eddie quickly began fumbling around with the device which he had carried, trying to connect himself to the channel that Dustin was on.

"You got it?" Riley asked as he watched the boy fumble around with the device. "I think so."

Eddie brought the walkie up to his mouth and wasted no time in speaking. "Dustin, you there? Wheeler?"

"Eddie. Holy shit. Are you okay?" It worked. For once, they actually got a response.

"Nah, man. Pretty goddamn far from okay." Eddie chuckled as he rubbed his face. "Where are you?" Dustin's voice asked through the device.

"Where are we? Uh...I don't..." Eddie's blank face turned to look at the Blood boy who was already looking at him. "Skull Rock."

"Skull Rock. You know it?" Eddie asked the curly-headed boy.

"We? What do you mean we? Who were you talking to?" Dustin's confused voice asked as Eddie held the walkie out for Riley to grab.

The boy grumbled before taking it out of his hands and instantly speaking. "Hey...remember me?"

"Riley?!" The Blood boy heard what sounded like all of the group yell. "Yeah. That's me. That's my name."

"We've been looking everywhere for you after...uh..." Dustin trailed off although the Blood boy knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Yeah...um, it actually happened twice. The second time was surprisingly worse." Riley nodded his head knowing the group couldn't see him.

"You know what, Riley? We are going to have a long talk when we find you guys." The Henderson boy told him causing Riley to chuckle.

"Can't wait to hear it." Riley responded before passing the walkie back to Eddie who gladly took it.

"So, you know where we are?" Eddie asked the boy. "Yeah, hold tight. We're coming. We're coming." Dustin told them.

Eddie placed down the walkie before turning to look at the Blood boy. "Looks like we're getting rescued."

alex speaks

WE JUST HIT 11K READS!! TY EVERYONE!!<33

please vote and comment!!
word count: 1168