32 || THE WAR ZONE

CARRY ON
VOL 2

"What even is an Eddie?"

"WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING talking about? Queen is so fucking phenomenal, you're just delusional." Riley scoffed at the Munson boy who was currently talking about how there were much better bands than Queen.

The two boys were currently sat alone as their friends spread out around their new ride. Max and Lucas were sitting at the back, Steve and Nancy were up front and Robin, Erica and Dustin were all sitting around in a circle talking about whatever it was they were talking about.

"I'm not saying they aren't good, I'm just saying, y'know, there are better bands out there." Eddie was quick to defend himself but his response only made Riley roll his eyes.

"Name one." The Blood boy dared to challenge him. Eddie sat back in his seat, completely relaxed, as he stared at the boy. "Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously."

"Okay. Mötley Crüe, Van Halen, Black Sabbath. Easy, done." Eddie shrugged as he listed a few bands.

"Good doesn't beat phenomenal, just a small reminder for you." Riley yawned in the boy's face at the few bands he had just named.

"Now, don't get me wrong, Eddie, I love all those bands you just named. Especially Mötley Crüe, but, Queen exists." Riley shrugged, simply.

"Your opinion doesn't even count, you'd choose Queen over anything." Eddie scoffed with a small eye roll which only caused Riley to return the action.

"That is so not true!"

"Yes, it is."

"No, it's fucking not!"

"Why are you even denying it?"

"Watch this," Riley told the boy as he turned his head to the side, now looking at Dustin. "Yo, Dustin, if you were on your deathbed but I had the chance to meet Queen, you know I'd pick you, right?"

"No, you wouldn't. You'd choose Queen." Dustin shrugged as he shook his head before quickly turning back to Robin and Erica.

"What did I say?" Eddie smugly shrugged before the trailer came to a quick stop.

"Absolute fucking bullshit." The Blood boy murmured as Steve quickly shot up from his spot.

"We're here, losers. Time to go." Steve exclaimed as he headed towards the door, everyone now quickly rising up from their own spaces.

"Wait," Robin quickly stopped the Harrington boy from opening the door before she spoke once more, "Not all of us should go. Someone needs to look out for Eddie."

"I'll stay." Dustin was quick to volunteer which made a small smile appear on Robin's face. "Perfect."

"Me too." Lucas exclaimed as he now stood next to his best friend with a confident face. "More people who stay here the better it is for Eddie."

"Yeah, fuck that. I love you very much, Eddie, but no fucking way am I missing the chance to go into this place." Riley gave his boyfriend a quick smile and gave him a small kiss before opening the door and walking out, not processing the words he had just said.

It wasn't until he heard the door close behind him and his friends now ahead of him that he realised what he had just spoken.

"Oh, what the fuck did I do."

Nancy, Erica, Steve, Robin, Max and Riley all stood inside War Zone as their eyes scanned the very busy store.