27 || THE LIGHT CONVO

CARRY ON
"Motherfucker thinks he's Sherlock Holmes or some crazy shit."

AFTER FINDING OUT Eddie knew how to do SOS, Nancy had instructed the boy to the morse code to hopefully catch the attention of the others on the other side.

"Do you think it's working?" Riley asked as he watched the boy repeatedly spell out SOS. "It's working." Robin confirmed with a small grin.

The group were now crowded around Nancy's bed, waiting for something to happen. Their plan of catching Dustin's attention had actually worked which was why they were sat upstairs waiting to communicate with them.

"What exactly are we waiting for? 'Cause I feel like a fucking idiot staring at absolutely nothing." Riley told his friends with a forced smile making Steve now turn to look at him.

"Learn patience, man. It's only been, like, a minute." Steve told the Blood boy who was lacking patience.

"Well, Steve, it's a bit hard to be fucking patient right now, so don't you fucking start." Riley scoffed at the boy who shrugged his shoulders.

"You've never been patient. Always whining about how it's taking too long, and drop that attitude." Steve nagged at Riley who glared at him slightly. "Shut the fuck up."

"Respect your elders, were you never taught that?" Steve now pointed his finger at the boy making Riley send him a fake innocent smile. "You're right, respectfully shut the fuck up. Acting like you're seventy years older than me."

Steve went to respond back to the boy but at the sound of another voice, he quickly closed his mouth.

"...seeing this?"

The same glittery light which they saw downstairs had now appeared in front of them making Nancy twirl her hand around in it to inform the boy they could see it.

Dustin's faint laughter was heard, Riley's pissed-off expression instantly softening at the sound.

"We're not moving it, but we're gonna unplug it. Stand by."

The light had dimmed slightly a few seconds after the boy had spoken.

"Try it now."

"Um..Uh..." Nancy stuttered, not sure what to say to the Henderson boy who sat on the other side waiting for a response.

Nancy then placed her hand in the light, almost instantly spelling out a word.

'HI'

"It worked!"

The voice of Dustin confirming that it was working made each member of the group cheer with joy. Eddie and Riley turned to each other both with big grins as Riley clapped his hands excitedly.

"Yes! Yes!" Eddie cheered before leaning towards the light, "Hi!" He said slightly aggressively.

"Oh my fucking God!" Riley cheered as he turned his attention back to the light which still continued to glow.

Robin continued to chuckle, feeling heavily relieved that they were able to communicate with Dustin.

"Okay, um..." Nancy trailed off before she placed her hand back into the light and spelt something out once again.

'STUCK'

"Yes, we fucking are." Riley nodded his head in agreement as did his friends. "Yes." Steve said.

"...Watergate?"

The singular word confused not only Riley but his friends too as they all now turned to look at each other with the same expression.