8 || THE CLOCK

CARRY ON
"I could never walk around with that last name."

IT FELT LIKE HOURS THE three boys had been waiting for but in reality, it was only a couple of minutes. Max had ran out of the house in a hurry and hopped in the car.

"What'd she say?" Dustin asked the girl curiously who slammed the door shut.

"Nothing, just drive." Max instructed the Harrington boy who just turned and looked at her. "Nothing?"

"Yeah, how did she say nothing?" Riley asked confusedly but Max didn't once look at the boy.

"Steve, just drive." The redhead yelled at the older boy who turned back around and began driving away from Ms Kelley's house.

Max had instructed the boy to drive to the school as she explained everything.

"Dustin? It's Lucas. Do you copy? Dustin." The awfully familiar voice of Lucas Sinclair spoke through the walkie which Dustin held in his lap.

At the sound of his friend's voice, he picked it up and began speaking. "Lucas? Where the hell have you been?"

"Just listen. Are you guys looking for Eddie?" The Sinclair boy asked, sounding slightly nervous and out of breath.

"Yeah, and we found him, no thanks to you." Dustin responded a bit sourly. "You found him?" Lucas then asked, a hint of confusion in his tone.

"Yeah, a boathouse on Coal Mill Road. Don't worry, he's safe." Dustin informed the Sinclair boy from his side of the device.

"You guys know he killed Chrissy, right?" Lucas asked, almost in disbelief.

"That's where you're wrong, Lucas. Eddie tried to save Chrissy." Riley grabbed the Hendersons boy's arm which the walkie sat in and brung it up to his mouth as he spoke.

"Then why do all the cops say he did?" Lucas questioned only for Max to now grab the walkie.

"Lucas, you're so behind it's ridiculous, okay? Just meet us at the school, we'll explain later." The Mayfield girl instructed only for a sigh to be heard coming from Lucas.

"I...I can't. I think some real bad shit's about to go down." Lucas told them, nervousness was definitely heard in his voice.

"Bad shit? What do you mean by bad shit, Lucas?" Riley now questioned, Max now holding the walkie-talkie towards Riley so it was easier for the boy to hear.

The only thing that came from the walkie was the sound of static, meaning, Lucas was now gone. "Lucas? Lucas?" Max asked into the walkie-talkie, but got no response.

The four friends had arrived at the closed school and were walking the hallways as they made their way quickly towards Ms Kelley's office.

The sound of Robin's voice coming from the walkie-talkie Dustin held in his hand, caught the attention of the group.

"Dustin, do you copy?"

"Yeah, I copy." The Henderson boy replied immediately. "So, Nancy's a genius. Vecna's first victims dates back all the way to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bull's-eye."

"Okay, that's totally bonkers, but I can't really talk right now." Dustin replied as they continued rushing down the painfully long hallway.

"What are you doing?" Robin questioned, noticing how he sounded a bit out of breath.

"Breaking and entering school to retrieve confidential and extremely personal files." The boy responded with making Riley chuckle.

"Not how I thought I would spend my night." The Blood boy laughed as he shone his flashlight across the corridor of the school.

"Can you repeat that?" Robin asked, sounding very taken aback by what the Henderson boy had just told her.

"Just get your ass over here, stat. We'll explain everything." Dustin instructed before turning off the walkie and finally making it to the room.

Max unlocked the door with the key she had previously stolen from Ms Kelley's house and slowly walked in.

The three boys trailed behind the girl who made her way into the room. Max walked towards where the files were kept along with Riley as the two other boys stayed back.

The Blood boy opened the small drawer and began searching for the files as Max hovered over his shoulder.

"Chrissy Cunningham? That's her last name? I could never walk around with that last name." Riley spoke as he pulled out the now-dead girl's file.

"Your last name is Blood." Max stated making the boy look at her wearily. "Yeah, and hers is Cunningham."

"I find her last name slightly better." The redhead told him, causing the Blood boy to gasp. "You would choose Cunningham over Blood? What the fuck is wrong with you."

The slight bickering coming from the two got quickly cut off by the sound of another voice.

"What? You found it?" Dustin asked, both him and Steve now making their way towards the two.

"Yes sir." Riley nodded his head, holding up the file as Max moved the boy out the way and picked up another file.

"That's not the only file, Fred was seeing Ms Kelley too." The redhead informed them as she pulled out the boy's file.

The group rushed over to the desk and placed down Chrissy's file. Both Riley and Max began reading through them, and Riley noticed the look of confusion on her face.

"Can I see Fred's file?" Max asked the Harrington boy who held the file. "Yeah." He responded, handing her the file.

As they were reading through, the girl froze. Concerning the rest of the group. "Yo, Max? You good?" Riley asked as he stared at the girl.

"Hello? Max? Are you good?" Riley asked, still not getting a response as the two other boys now began snapping their fingers in her face and yelling her name.

The girl didn't respond, it was like she was stuck in some sort of trance. Just like how Eddie had described Chrissy before she died.

The girl jumped out of her seat, alarming all the boys as she breathed heavily. "Hey, hey, hey, Max." Steve exclaimed as the girl stood out of her seat with watery eyes.

"Are you good?" Riley asked, placing his hand gently onto her shoulder. "The nosebleeds, the headaches, the nightmares." Max began rambling, confusing the three boys.

"What? What are you talking about?" Riley asked, highly concerned for the younger girl who stood beside him.

The boy didn't get a response as she ran out of the room, leaving the boys speechless.

"Is...is she okay? I mean, what happened?" Steve asked before Riley chased after the girl.

"Hey, Max!" He yelled, turning the corner to see the girl standing there shining her flashlight at the blank wall.

"Are you okay?" He asked, moving closer earning a huge sigh coming from the girl.

Riley now shone his flashlight at the wall, but not before hearing the very faint sound of an old clock ring in his ears.

alex speaks

feel like this chapter is horrendous but it is what it is ig.

please vote and comment!!
word count: 1163