9 || THE LOOK

CARRY ON
"It's because I like dick, isn't it?"

THE FULL GROUP, NOW including Robin and Nancy, were currently shining their flashlights at the wall where Max had seen a clock.

Riley did not bring up the fact that he had every so faintly heard the sound of a clock, and shook it off as if it were nothing.

"It was here, right here." Max told them, from her spot in front of the rest of the group. "A grandfather clock?" Nancy questioned just to make sure.

"It was so real. And then when I got closer, suddenly I just...I woke up." The redhead told her friends, her voice cracking as she did. It was obvious to everyone that the girl was scared, despite not being able to see her face, and Riley really did pity her.

"It was like she was in a trance or something." Dustin told the two girls who were not there when it had occurred. "Yeah, which is exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy." Riley added on, making the whole group turn silent.

The Mayfield girl had finally turned around, confirming the thought that Max was scared as she basically had worry written all over her face.

"That's not even the worst part." Max told the group making Riley scoff. "What the fuck could be worse than that?"

The friends had made their way to Ms Kelley's office, and were all crowded around the two files.

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms Kelley for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. Then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their pasts. These visions, they just kept on getting worse and worse until eventually...everything ended." Max explained making the Blood boy take a very sharp inhale as he heard all the so-called symptoms.

His mind flashed back to the day Lucas had his championship game. "And then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping." That same day, the boy had awoken from a "not very peaceful" sleep.

On that exact day, when Lucas was convincing his friends to move the campaign right before class, he felt his nose turn runny, making him "sniff and wipe his nose with his sleeve" before saying "No." and walking away. Whilst he was walking, he looked down at his sleeve to see it covered in red.

And then, finally, the headaches. The day Riley had gone to Arcade Games after Dustin had told him so after waking up was the day he got a headache out of the blue. And it just so coincidentally had to be when Steve had informed him about the death of Chrissy when the boy began "rubbing the temple of his head".

"Vecna's curse." Riley grumbled as he finished dismissing his thoughts. "Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's six days ago. I've been having them for five days." Max explained making Riley furrow his brows.

It didn't make sense, the Blood boy thought. He had only been having them for three. So who was the fourth? And on top of that, he hadn't even had a vision yet. What made him so different?

"I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock, so... looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow." The ginger-haired girl took many shaky breaths in as the group looked at her in sympathy.

No one said anything, or even looked at each other after hearing what the girl had to say. However, the sound of clattering in the distance made the group all snap their heads towards the door.

"What the fuck was that?" Riley asked quietly, now standing up straight as he was slightly alarmed.

"Stay here." Steve then said to the group, as he began making his way towards the door slowly. "Are you stupid or something?" Riley asked, but got no response from the Harrington boy.

Steve picked up a lamp which sat beside the door, before slowly making his way out the room.

Riley turned back to his group of friends, who all looked at each other with knowing faces. "Yeah, thought so." Riley nodded as the rest of the group moved their selves to the door.

The group walked out not far behind Steve and all slowly made their way down the hall. Instead of clattering, footsteps were now heard and they were approaching them, very quickly.

Steve held the lamp slightly above his head, ready to swing if it were to appear in front of them.

Something had turned the corner, making the whole group yell in fear, also including whatever it was that turned the corner.

Riley jumped back and crashed into the lockers behind him, causing him to crash to the floor with a grunt. Now taking a proper look at what it was, Riley made out the familiar face of Lucas.

"It's me!" The Sinclair boy yelled, holding his hands out in front of his face. "Lucas?" Riley questioned in disbelief from the ground.

"It's me." Lucas clarified with a very heavy sigh. "Jesus, what's wrong with you, Sinclair?" Steve yelled at the boy, lowering the lamp which he didn't even use.

"I'm sorry." The boy apologised, once again letting out another sigh tiredly.

"I could've taken you out with this lamp!" The Harrington boy yelled at him, causing Riley to chuckle.

"You would've done fuck all with that." The Blood boy laughed as he sighed and put his head back against the locker.

"Well you're not much help on the floor, are you?" Steve told him, making the Blood boy finally stand up. "Probably could've done more damage than you and your stupid lamp."

"Sorry, guys. Sorry." Lucas panted out as he rested his hands on his knees. "What, you run a marathon or something?" Riley asked with a laugh, now making his way back over to his friends.

Lucas looked at the boy without saying anything, making the boy's grin drop. "Oh shit, you did."

"Well, actually, I was biking for eight miles. Give me a second. Shit." Lucas told his friends, as he took a few seconds to catch his breath.
"We've got a code red."

"What?" Steve asked the very sweaty boy confusedly. Lucas made his way over to the Henderson boy as he spoke. "Dustin, I've been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy, and they've gone completely off the rails."

"They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is." Lucas informed the boy. "You're in terrible danger. You too, Riley."

"What? Me?" Riley asked, not expecting Lucas to bring him into this. "Yeah, they think you know where he is too."

"It's because I like dick, isn't it?" Riley questioned making Lucas slowly nod his head. "How the fuck do they even know that." Riley asked, not sure how Jason had found out the boy liked boys.

"Unless..." Riley trailed off, looking at the Sinclair boy with raised brows. "No, no, I swear." Lucas panicked making Riley laugh.
"Just messing with you."

"All right, well, yeah that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason right now." Dustin told the boy, making him scrunch his brows together.

The group turned to look at Max who stood there wearily making Lucas realise what they were talking about.

alex speaks

hm, guess Riley had experienced the symptoms all this time ig

please vote and comment!!
word count: 1270