34 || THE GOODBYES

CARRY ON
VOL 2

"Let's border this bitch up."

"OKAY. I WANT TO RUN through it one more time." Nancy spoke quietly as she stood in front of the group in the trailer.

It was now dark out and the friends were all gathered around in the trailer, discussing their plan which would finally lead to taking down Vecna."

"Phase one."

"We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready." Robin responded to the Wheeler woman who looked very nervous, as did everyone else.

"Phase two."

"Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance." Steve responded which now allowed the girl to move on to the next phase.

"Phase three."

"Me, Riley and Eddie draw the bats away." Dustin responded as he pointed at the two boys who stood behind him.

"Four."

"We head into Vecna's newly bat-free lair, and...flambé." Robin responded as she held up her molotov cocktail which both she and Steve worked on making.

"Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what." As Nancy said the last part, she briefly made eye contact with Riley.

"Got it?"

"Got it." The friends all replied in unison as Riley gave her a little salute.

The group of nervous teens, minus Erica, Max and Lucas who were not entering the Upside Down, began to grab their weapons and started making their way out of the trailer only to be met with Eddie's.

Before Riley fully existed, he turned back to look at the three friends who they were leaving behind.

"Be careful." Riley nodded his head at Max, Erica and Lucas which made the three give him a small smile.

"You too." Max smiled which made Riley finally walk out and join his other friends.

Quickly running to their destination, Riley grabbed Eddie's hand and gave it a tight squeeze as he showed his boyfriend a smile although it was obvious just how nervous he was.

Once they arrived, Steve walked in first making him be the one to open the door and turn the light on.

The group wasted no time in walking up to the gate as Steve now got ready to be the first one to climb through.

"Be careful." Dustin instructed his friend as Steve began to place his weapons on the floor.

"Here goes nothing." The Harrington boy sighed before climbing up the handmade rope and finally landing on his feet on the other side due to there being no landing point.

"Absolute fucking show off." Riley scoffed at the boy as he effortlessly landed on his feet with a shrug.

"What does he want us to do, applaud?" Robin then scoffed at Steve went to go grab a mattress to allow everyone else to pass through.

It only took a few minutes for everyone and their weapons to finally climb through. As soon as Riley landed, he instantly felt heavier and more nervous than he has ever felt before.

Nancy quickly lead her friends out the front door, now ready to start their plan of destroying Vecna.

"Hey, guys, listen." Steve turned to Riley, Dustin and Eddie, "If things here start to go South, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? You draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just decoys."

"Don't worry. You can be the hero, Steve." Dustin scoffed which made Riley just chuckle. "Stevie, we will let you do all the work, don't worry about it."

"Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not heroes." Eddie chuckled as he spoke although Riley couldn't help but feel that Munson boy was going to try and change it.

Steve nodded his head before walking away but quickly stopped as Riley walked forwards. "Hey, uh, guys?"

The three stopped in their tracks, turning back to face the boy. "Be careful, alright?"

Riley knew what his fate was, which was the exact reason as to why he pulled his three friends in for a hug.

"I love you guys." Riley's voice was mumbled, but because of the close proximity, they could hear him almost perfectly.

"We love you too." Robin responded as the four now pulled away from the hug, not noticing the small bit of sadness that appeared on his face.

"Make him pay." Riley nodded one last time before the three friends headed in their own direction, now leaving Dustin, Eddie and Riley alone.

"Let's border this bitch up." Riley spoke as he turned to his other two friends who smirked.

It did take a while but they finally managed to border up the trailer which meant that the bats had no access inside.

"Not bad." Eddie spoke with a proud smile as he grabbed his boyfriend's hand.

"Not bad at all." Dustin agreed, sharing the exact proud smile that Eddie held.

The three boys glanced at one another before Eddie nodded his head into the direction of the trailer. "Now for the fun part." Eddie spoke as the friends walked to the trailer.

The trio arrived at Eddie's bedroom which highly confused the Blood boy.

"Hey, when you said fun...I didn't think you meant this..." Riley trailed off, unsurely as he glanced back at Dustin with a slightly alarmed expression.

"I didn't." Eddie quickly shut down Riley's thoughts as his eyes made landed on something which would help them massively.

"It's like...she was destined for an alternate dimension." Eddie spoke slowly as his walking matched the pace of his speech.

Eddie placed his hands on his guitar, turning back to both of his best friends with a grin. "What do you say, Henderson, Ri?"

The Munson boy picked up his guitar which was hung on the wall, his face still holding the grin.

"Are you ready for the most metal concert in the history of the world?

alex speaks

we are getting very very close to the last chapter

please vote and comment!!
word count: 1026