23 || THE INJURY

CARRY ON
"I feel like I'm gonna throw up."

"UH, DO YOU GUYS THINK these bats have, like, rabies?" Robin asked her friends who were now all crowded together as she crouched down above one of the dead bats.

"Uh, maybe?" Riley answered wearily as he scratched the back of his head making Steve's eyes widen in fear. "What?"

"It's just that rabies are, like, my number one greatest fear. And I think we should get you to a doctor soon because once the symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already dead." The Buckley woman rambled on causing the group of friends to stare at her with their mouths hanging open.

"Well, that's...that's lovely." Riley nodded his head, not quite sure how to respond to something like that.

The sound of bats chittering in the distance made the group snap their heads to the sound. Heading towards them was a very large group of bats.

"Oh fuck me." The Blood boy breathed out as Eddie grabbed a hold of his hand and pulled him behind both Nancy and Steve.

The group watched as the cult of bats made their way quickly at them, they soon arrived and sat themselves on the ground still not looking away from the scared friends.

"All right. There's not that many." Steve whispered as he slowly backed away from the bats which were continuing to stare at them.

"We can take 'em." The Harrington boy said confidently making Riley knit his brows together. "No, we can't."

As soon as the words slipped from Riley's mouth, above them came a much larger swarm of bats which were heading straight for them.

"You were saying?" Robin sassily questioned Steve who didn't respond as he kept his eyes on the small creatures.

"We are so so fucked." The Blood boy whispered to Eddie who looked terrified as he slowly nodded his head in agreement. "We are fucked."

"The woods. Come on." Nancy blurted out before running to the woods which were sat not that far away from them.

"Great. More running." Robin sighed before immediately following after the girl as did everyone else.

"Let's go, Eds." Riley instructed the boy who seemed to be stuck in his spot as his gaze was fixated on the bats ahead as he squeezed his hand slightly.

The boy finally ripped his eyes away from the bats and the two now began to follow their friends into the woods.

The friends had managed to find their way to Skull Rock and were currently hiding from the bats which flew above them.

Riley and his friends watched in fear as the bats now flew directly above them. Eddie could sense the strong feeling of fear coming from the boy making him pull Riley closer to his chest.

Finally, after what had felt like hours, the bats had finally gone away making them all let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh...okay." Robin sighed out as they slowly stood up from their spot underneath the giant rock. "That was close."