~CHAPTER 17~

"She wasn't fragile
Like a flower,
She was fragile
Like a bomb."
-Unknown
_________________________
Song name: Kings and Queens
Artist (s): Ava Max

"-Unknown_________________________Song name: Kings and QueensArtist (s): Ava Max

I woke up due to a loud bang. I grunted as I put on my slippers and headed downstairs to see what commotion is going on in this house.

What I saw was pretty dang hilarious.

A drenched Alexander was chasing a laughing Samuel. This piqued my interest.

"What is going on" My voice boomed through the living room making the boys freeze momentarily.

"Nothing."

"Samuel pranked me,"

Samuel and Alexander said at the same time. I shook my head at the two teenagers with the minds of a freaking five-year-old.

But that would be insulting to the five-year-olds.

"Now Alex go and take a shower and Samuel come with me," I said. They followed the instructions as I led Samuel to my room.

I crossed my arm and asked, "What did you Samuel, give me a valid explanation on why you did it,"

"I poured water on him to wake him up because he stole my candy," he said, sitting on my bed.

"Good job Samuel. He should know not to steal candy. Keep this a secret though," I said, patting his back and winking at him. He smiled and hugged me as a reciprocated hug letting the safeness and love of it engulf me.

Just then, Weston called us for a family meeting through the intercom.

We all went downstairs and sat down on the sofa.

"So let's get straight to the point. Zoe and Dad are coming back from their trip by six tonight. I want you all to be there when they arrive. Alright?" He asked and a chorus of 'Yes' and 'Okays' came as a response.

YES! Mom is coming back!

I rushed to my bathroom and got ready for the day. Beforehand, I had asked Weston if I could to the bakery for a while to which he agreed. So I wore a black sweater and faded jeans with some sneakers. I headed downstairs with my purse and drove off with my bike.

I reached there and went inside then wore my apron and looked at my agenda.

Make some brownies.

I turned on some music and then started mixing all the ingredients for some delicious brownies. As I put them in the oven, I heard the jingle sound from the bell and went to the cashier to see who it is.

It was an elderly woman in her 60s.

"Good morning Miss. Welcome to Sweeter Sides. What can I get for you?" I asked her while putting on a smile.