~CHAPTER 49~

"You save everyone but...
Who saves you?
- unknown

The loud chattering in my class kept on going despite my AP English Teacher's protest to try and quiet them down making me slightly annoyed

It's the fourth period of the day. Give me a damn break!

I just laid my head on my crossed arms but still looked up. I am pretty sure Troy and Samuel - who were beside me, doing the same thing.

"I AM WAITING," My teacher's loud voice boomed but it all went to deaf ears. The class was not bothered to listen to him, and one kid even had the guts to say, "Ok then. Keep waiting," before continuing his conversation with his friends.

The teacher sighed and looked at us. "You three are the only people who actually pay attention." He then looked back at the class before shouting, "WANT ME TO CALL MS. TAYLOR?"

Everyone in the class instantly became quiet and Mr. Jacobs, our English teacher, sighed in relief. "You guys know that your half-yearly exams are coming up, yet you still act like this. And you guys do know that the exam we are going to conduct for English is based on the novel we are studying. Now pick up your damn books and get to reading chapters 10-12."

I groaned and took my copy of The Outsiders. I literally finished this book, and it made me cry and now I have to read it again or else Mr. Jacobs will give me extra work to do which I really am not in the mood for.

"Oh, and for homework. You are going to write a practice essay for the question written on the board. It is due tomorrow." He said making me, and the rest of the class groan.

Yay! Yet another thing to worry about!

"I really hate this teacher," Troy mumbled, taking out his book.

"Agreed." Me and Samuel mumble simultaneously as we also took the book out.

I glanced at the clock.

Only 17 minutes and 38 seconds left.

37 seconds.

I grumbled and opened my book before reading chapter 12, the final chapter of the book. What felt like 10 minutes later, I looked back at the clock.

14 minutes and 24 seconds remaining.

At this moment, I wanted to curse at the time for being slow when I wanted it to be fast even though I know it runs the same whether it is going 'fast' or 'slow.'

As I finished chapter 12 purposefully slowly, the bell finally rang making Samuel, Troy and I immediately jump up and run out of the classroom.

"Finally," Troy mumbled.

"Yeah," Samuel and I said again. We both glared at each other but didn't say anything.