Aremi

"A-aremi?"

"Yes?" He looked at me.

"U-uh... Would you like to join me for lunch?" She said.

"Oh sure"

Internally, I was squealing. For what reason was I excited? I don't know. Walking towards the canteen Jin held my arm.

He eyed Aremi, judging him. He stepped in front of me.

"U-uh... I'm Ch-Choi Aremi" He nervously smiled at Jin, and Jin, didnt. Instead he kept his stone cold face.

"Leave her alone"

"Jin!" I stepped in front of him, slightly mad.

"I-its okay Y/n, maybe next time" He was going to walk away but I held his hand, no, don't go please Aremi.

I yanked my hand out from Jin's as Aremi yanked from mine and walked away. I knew there was no chance Aremi would stop now. I looked at Jin, angry to find him angrier.

"Whats the problem with you Jin?!" I raised my voice slightly.

"Me? Me! What wrong with YOU? Don't you know your rules?"

"What rules? Huh? You can't control me, you get it?!" I yelled at him.

"You need a punishment" With that he walked away, I looked around and found people gathered. Whispering and gossiping.

I left the place immediately, feeling embarassed still my anger on tip.

Why can't I make friends? Is it too much to ask for? If you're wondering why I'm so desperate for friends, then here you go. I never really had a lot of friends, and I kind of want to experience what everyone experiences. Going out with them, chilling, telling secrets.

I didn't come across Jin in the school the rest of the day, when the school ended I wasn't able to find him. I was now worried more than angry. I didn't do anything that bad. It wasn't even bad, right? No, it wasn't. I took out my phone and opened Jin's contact.

Me: hey Jin, where are you?

I waited for a few minutes then sent another message.

Me: should I wait for you?

He didn't see my message yet? His phone is always with him.

Me: are you already home?

Me: can I come alone?

After waiting for twenty minutes I decided to just go home and tell him.

Me: I'm going home, I don't care where you are.

I started walking my way. Honestly, I shouldn't have texted him. He should know that I'm angry about what happened earlier. Aremi seems to be a nice guy and we may get along, we were getting along, he is the first friend I made on my own. I don't even know if he'll now talk to me.

(Yup, she overthinks a lot)

I entered quietly and silently went to my room. Sliding my sweaty clothes and slipping into the bathtub. Just then, Jin crosses my mind.

What did he mean when he said punishment?

I got fresh and changed into some comfortable clothes I first found then went downstairs.

Yup, I am scared.

I knocked on his door hesitantly then entered without him answering. He was.... sleeping? Really? This guy is sleeping at home while I kept waiting for him for so long?

I felt myself getting angry again, but soon it faded after seeing how peaceful Seok-Jin looked. Around us, he was always loud and working, I just realised that in such a long time I never saw him this peaceful. His hair and skin looked soft. Short strands of hair covering his forehead, I felt the urge to touch them but debated if is should.

My mind got the best of me and I slightly did, slowly getting addicted to it.

"What do you think you're doing?" He deep rasoy voice spoke, making me flinch. I could see the coldness in his eyes, the one which I saw when I first met him.

"Im- I'm sorry I shouldn't have entered without your permission, but I was really worried about you a-and thr fight we had at school." He sat up straight. "I-i just wanted to make new friends, and since I never had-"

"Don't lie, you never had friends huh? Then what about your boyfriend? And his friends you hung out with? We all knew about Kai from the beginning, guess why we didn't separate you? Cuz we wanted to see you happy. What we didn't know was that Kai wasnt just a friend but your boyfriend. Do you know what will happen if Dad comes to know about it? Do you have a clue? Why do you think we don't have girlfriends huh? Don't we wanna enjoy as well, it's just because of our father he doesn't want anyone of us to get in a relationship yet."

I was speechless, I didn't know what to say. I really thought he would yell at me tho... He was surprisingly calm maybe it was because he just woke up and he didn't feel like yelling?

"B-but Jin... Aremi is just a friend"

"Didn't you and Kai started as 'Just friends' as well?"

I looked down, fidgeting with my fingers not knowing what to do. I heard Jin sigh.

"Look... Y/n, we're trying to save you cuz if Dad knows about you and you past relationship it'd be bad. Plus, you know you aren't allowed to make friends.... None of us are"

I looked at him, I couldn't imagine how lonely Seok-Jin felt at times. Being the oldest he has the most responsibility and he seems like a person who'd make a lot of friends if he could. It's just been a year since I'm living with these restrictions but these boys had them for the rest of their lives?

"I'm s.. Sorry" My voice cracked, soon being followed by tears. Now, a person may find this a stupid time to cry. But trust me it really is hard without anyone. It's always like you're lost, empty.

I always felt lonely, in fact, I always was lonely. Mom was always busy with work and me school. Since she used to shift places so often due to work I just wasn't able to make any friends. I just needed someone to talk with and to tell my secrets.

"Y/n.." Jin's voice softened, I felt him embracing me in a hug.

"I-im sorry Jin.." I apologised, I felt so sorry and... Bad. For him.

He started stroking my hair. "It's alright... It's okay.. Calm down"