one

CONRAD

The sun is setting over the ocean, Conrad enjoys evert minute of it. His drives from Boston have been long, but this is where he's supposed to be.

He parks his car in the driveway, grabs his briefcase and heads to the back. As soon as he walks in the gate, he sees her.

Her hair is down, parted in the middle and blowing in the wind. She's wearing a white sundress with her bathing suit underneath, it reminds him of something his mother used to wear. Her feet are propped up on a stool, and she wiggles her toes. This makes Conrad smile.

Belly. His Belly.

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes," he breaks the silence and walks towards her.

She looks up at the sound of his voice and her face breaks into a smile. Oh that smile, it's enough to make him weak in the knees. "Hi you."

Conrad throws his briefcase on the chair next to hers. He immediately crawls on top of her so he can kiss her. She smiles into the kiss but doesn't stop him from running his hands up and down her body.

"I cannot tell you how happy I am to be home," he mutters into her neck. She smells incredible, like flowery perfume and the ocean air.

"I can tell," she says softly. She runs her fingers through his hair and down his neck. She loosens his tie and unbuttons a few of the top buttons on his shirt. "How was your day?"

"It was fine," Conrad glances around, "where are the little rugrats?"

Belly smiles up at him. "I just put Henry down for a nap, he'll be up after dinner. Matty is with mom inside."

"I'll go say hi to your mom, I want to go for a swim before dinner," Conrad laces his fingers into hers, "Can I convince you to join me?"

"Conrad Fisher, you can always convince me to do something," Belly grins, her eyes pulling up at the corners, her nose scrunching. He pauses, taking in this moment.

He leans down to put his forehead against hers, "Damn it if I don't love you, Isabel Fisher."

She kisses him, softly. He loves when she kisses him like this. It's soft, gentle, and full of so much love.

He leaves her so he can say hi to Matt and Laurel. He walks in the house and can hear Matt's laughter. It's the best sound.

Laurel is sitting with Matt at the kitchen table, combing his hair with her fingers absentmindedly. Conrad has no idea what she is saying to him but he can't stop laughing.

"Laur, hey." He says quietly.

She turns around in her seat with a smile. She stands up to hug him, "hey Connie."

Matt sees him and jumps out of his chair, "Daddy!" Matt throws himself into Conrad's arms. Conrad squeezes him tightly, kisses his forehead and then sets him back down.

Matt is 2 and everything good in the world. When Belly found out she was pregnant, Conrad panicked. He wasn't ready. What if he ended up just like his Dad? He felt completely unprepared. But then he was born, and it all went away. Conrad was the one who ended up begging Bells for another baby, and now they have Henry. And Conrad loves being a Dad more than anything. Matt and Henry are perfect.

"Do you mind if Bells and I go for a quick swim before dinner?" Conrad asks Laurel quietly.

"Of course, that's what Nana's are for." Laurel is already returning to the table as she says it. She winks at Conrad and it reminds him so much of his mom.

He changes into his suit quickly, peaks in at Henry who is absolutely zonked and then heads back outside.

Belly is already in the pool. Conrad throws his towel into a chair and then dives in near her. He surfaces and before he can even open his eyes, her legs are snaking around his waist. "Hi," she whispers, pushing the hair out of his eyes.

"Hi," he whispers back. He finally opens his eyes to look at her. Her hair is slicked back against her head, a new and improved infinity necklace sits on her collar bones. "How was your day?"

"It was good. I'm happy my mom is here, even just today she's been so helpful so I can relax a little bit."

Conrad sighs. "I'll take some time off from the practice. I want to enjoy our summer."

Belly smiles, "I would love that, Con, but only if you want to. You love your job."

"I do love my job. But I do not love it more than I love you, the boys and this house."

"Thank you for saying that. I do miss you."

Conrad kisses her, "I miss you too."

Belly and Conrad swim around together for a while, talking about their past, and their future — about how wonderfully perfect their life is together.