fifty-two

BELLY

Jeremiah proposes to Hailey in mid-March. Conrad and Belly host a surprise party for them back at their house to celebrate.

They both look so over the moon happy, mingling with their friends and family. Hailey displaying her ring for anyone who asks. Jeremiah proudly tells everyone that it's his mom's diamond.

Hailey's parents, Emma and Harold, make the trek down from Pittsburgh and Belly spots them making small talk with Adam and her mom.

"Thank you for the party, Bells," Jeremiah says softly, walking up to her in the kitchen.

"I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks. I can't believe she said yes," Jeremiah is staring at Hailey across the room.

Belly hits him softly, "Stop it, of course she did."

"Did you meet her parents?"

"I haven't yet. Your dad is currently monopolizing all of their time."

Jeremiah chuckles, "Yeah, Dad was really excited to learn that he was a Patriots fan."

"The ultimate unifier," Belly says with a smile.

Hailey walks over to them in her white midi dress and long blonde hair flowing effortlessly over her shoulders, "Should we give a little speech, Bell?"

"Whatever you want to do!"

Jeremiah slides his hand effortlessly into hers, "Come on."

They hold court at the base of the stairs, Jeremiah clears his throat a few times to get people's attention, "We want to start out by saying thank you for coming and celebrating with us, we can't wait to get our lives started together as husband and wife," A murmur of cheers comes from around the room.

Hailey chuckles and picks up where Jere left off, "There's a few people we want to call out quickly, Steven and Shayla, you have been unwaveringly supportive of this relationship even when we weren't. Our parents for guidance and teaching us values that have gotten us here and finally, Conrad and Belly, who without them, we would not be here tonight. You saw a future between us before we even met, and we're so grateful you believed in each of us as individuals so we could find each other. We love you guys,"

Belly holds up her glass of water, "I love you," she mouths to Hailey.

Conrad walks over to Jere and hugs him for a few seconds. Everyone toasts to the happy couple.

Later that evening, when there's only a handful of people left, Conrad finds Belly outside.

Conrad wraps his arms around Belly, "Do you remember the night I proposed to you?"

Belly leans her head back against his chest, "Of course I remember. One of the best nights of my life."

"I hope Jere and Hailey are just as happy as we are," Conrad whispers in her ear.

"I love you,"

Conrad kisses the spot beneath her earlobe, "I love you."