epilogue

BELLY

They ask Matt, Henry and Crew to stay in the car. Which is fine with them, they all just shrug and go back to talking about some superhero that Belly doesn't totally understand.

Conrad walks through the gardens, which are just starting to bloom, but it doesn't matter. They aren't here to see the flowers.

Belly looks back at the car quickly, making sure the boys are behaving. They are.

Conrad has come to a stop ahead of her and she quickly catches up.

She stops next to him and winds her fingers through his, "Are you okay?"

He gives her hand a squeeze, "Yes."

"Do you need a minute?" She asks, looking up to admire him. The soft wrinkles around his eyes, the perfectly plump lips, his chiseled jaw.

"No, I need you here. We should do this together." Belly nods and lowers her gaze to his other arm. Conrad follows her gaze, "Mom, this is Beck. Our daughter." He says, his voice is thick with emotion.

They're standing at Susannah's memorial garden, the one dedicated to her years ago. They're here to introduce her to their daughter. Their perfect daughter that Belly and Conrad hoped for, she's finally here and she's everything they ever dreamed she would be.

She has Belly's dark hair, it's thick like Conrad's. Actually everything is is like Conrad. Her piercing blue eyes, that look green in some lights, her long fingers and boney knees. Shouldn't infants be fat and plump? Well this one isn't, she's got chicken legs, just like her dad.

But her personality, even at only a week old, is all Belly. She's determined and feisty, she's stubborn as an ox, and the only thing she wants in life is Conrad. He's the only one who can calm her down, and make her smile. She instantly relaxes when she hears his voice, and she looks at him like he's the entire world. She has him absolutely wrapped around her finger.

"You would love her, Susannah," Belly says softly, leaning her head against Conrad's shoulder. He squeezes her hand again, this time for support.

"She's pure magic, Mom. She's exactly what we needed, and is undoubtedly going to give us a run for our money."

Belly chuckles, "We miss you," Belly doesn't try to stop the tears from falling. They come, as they usually do when they come here.

"Yes we do," Conrad sighs, "I hope Beck carries you with her every day, and I will tell her who you were. What you meant to this family." He chokes out, before dipping his head against Belly's and letting out a sob. Beck doesn't move in his unsteady arms. She's completely safe with him.

Belly lets Conrad have a few minutes alone with Susannah. She can see his shoulders shaking from the car. Beck is now in her arms and a little more restless than she was with him.

Belly looks down at her daughter, "You're a daddy's girl, aren't you?"

"She is, don't you dare try to change it," Conrad approaches, a smile on his face despite the tears still running down his cheek.

Belly gazes up at him lovingly, "I wouldn't. I completely understand what it's like to be consumed by Conrad Fisher. I'm not the least bit surprised that my daughter is obsessed with you."

Conrad kisses her forehead, "Alright, should we get these heathens fed?"

Matt, Henry and Crew let out a few hollers from the backseat.

Belly puts her head in her hands as the pull up the drive. Pink balloons line the porch and sidewalk. There's a sign over the front door, with a stork carrying a pink knapsack that says,

"WELCOME HOME BECK LAUREL FISHER."

Shayla and Steven are there with Mallory and Cassidy. Jeremiah is there with Mason & Hailey and her brand new engagement ring. John, Bethany and the boys are there too. Adam and Laurel planned the whole thing. A welcome to the beach house for the newest Fisher.

Belly watches from the kitchen as Mallory, Henry, Crew and Matt run around together. Cassidy is just starting to crawl, so she moves around the rug wiggling her little butt. Jeremiah and Mason look over Conrad's shoulder at Beck and they laugh when she does something. Steven is talking to Adam and John, probably about sports. Shayla, Hailey, Bethany and Laurel are at the kitchen table, sipping wine, talking about wedding plans.

This is everything she ever dreamed of. This beach house, full of people she loves.

Conrad catches her eye and cocks his head. She smiles at him.

He says something to Jeremiah and Jeremiah nods, Conrad slides Beck into his arms. He walks over and hugs her from behind.

"You okay?"

"I'm wonderful." Belly chokes out her words, trying not to cry.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just happy. That's all." Belly leans back against his chest.

This family has been through it all together. Love. Heartbreak. Death. Grief. Happiness. And they're still here. Celebrating a new life.

"I love you," Conrad whispers in her ear, "I love you more than I ever thought possible."

Belly closes her eyes as tears run down her cheek, "I love you. Infinitely."

"Infinitely." He repeats.