twenty

BELLY

Belly can't describe how mad she is at Jeremiah. He didn't say one word to them, on a night to honor his mother. She is the one thing in the world that still coursed through each of their veins, the one thing they still share, and he could barely look at them.

Conrad lays in bed the next morning, just staring at the ceiling.

Belly stares at him.

"He's a prick." Conrad grumbles finally, breaking their morning silence, "He couldn't even say hi? Jesus, I know I'm not his favorite person, but I'm still his brother."

"I can't believe he didn't say anything." Belly mumbles.

Jeremiah used to be her best friend. She could tell him anything, hell she told him everything. He knew how she felt about Conrad, about breaking up with Cam. And now they don't even talk.

Conrad shakes his head, "I don't want to talk about him anymore. Do you mind if I take the boys today? I feel like they need a day with their Dad."

Belly shuffles her body so it's flush against his. Their bodies just react to each other and mold together. "Yes, they would love that."

"I can't believe Henry is going to be one." Conrad says quietly.

"I know," Belly kisses him to silence him. She knows where this is headed, he is going to ask about another baby and if they do, she'll spill. And she just isn't ready yet. She doesn't have an ultrasound yet. By her estimation, she'll be 11 weeks tomorrow.

They lay in bed and fool around for a while. They haven't had a slow morning like this in a while, and the babysitter kept the boys up late playing so they're exhausted. Belly traces the lines on his chest, he plays with her hair. They share lazy, sloppy kisses. He slides his hands up her shirt, which gives her goosebumps. They stay like this, enjoying each other and not speaking one word until they hear a small whimper on the baby monitor. Belly stops kissing Conrad as soon as she hears Henry.

Conrad pulls her back to him, "One more minute."

Belly doesn't argue, she goes back to kissing him. To burying her hands in his hair and relishing the small moans he lets out. But eventually, they break apart and go back to parenting duty.

Conrad packs lunches for the three of them, he kisses her on his way out the door, and then they're gone.

Belly doesn't waste any time. She gets dressed quickly, and practically runs out the door.

She's drives to the outskirts of the city and throws her car into park. She's trying to keep herself calm as she pounds on the door. There's no answer, but she knows he's here.

She knocks again.

Jeremiah opens the door a few seconds later in his boxers. It takes him half a second to register it's her.

"Morning Bells." He says it so casually she wants to strangle him.

"Get dressed. Now." She barks at him.

He rolls his eyes at her, "What if I don't want to."

"Jeremiah, I'm not kidding." She slams the door behind her.