The Family Arrives

Gail
It's getting close to Christmas and I am in my room when the door opens and a woman demands to know what I am doing in her bedroom. I tell her that it is my bedroom now. She should go talk to grandma Daisy. I hear the babies babbling and the nanny explaining why she is there and whose baby is in her bedroom. Okay we hear a lot of noise and finally I hear mrs Steele laying the law down with the women who invaded the bedrooms.
Mrs Steele
Lily leave the nanny alone and go find another bedroom to sleep in now. Grace that stopped being your bedroom when you left. There are twenty bedrooms in this house go find one, not my bedroom though. These are taken by my guardians and my granddaughters are here. Leave the nannies rooms alone too. You all will meet at dinner, I suggest you hurry an unpack so you can cook it. Why are you here anyway. You didn't come when I told you Carla had been murdered. Why at Christmas time?
Lily
We were very busy and couldn't come. We decided to come at Christmas time.
Grace
Same goes with me.
Raymond Jr
Right you two are after something else. Mom sorry I was overseas and couldn't get out of the country until now. Did you get the flowers?
Mrs Steele
Yes dear and thank you those were her favorite, you remembered. I kiss his cheek and introduce him to Gail, Tobias, and Denise. I then introduce him to his nieces and their nannies.
Ray jr
They are beautified mom. The kids will love meeting them. Can we take the old barn house mom. I see you have it fixed up. I can share it with Roger and Cameron. It looks pretty good your manager kept it up nice.
Mrs Steele
He did that just in case you all joined us for Christmas and here you are. Make sure your wives are good with it. Plus your daughters. Get unpacked bring in your families to help with the humungous supper we are going to fix. I am expecting a huge food delivery and just called to double it. Hope the store has enough food. The family starts whining the second they walk inside I just ignore it. I heard, why can't we stay in this house instead of that barn house? We are the guest here after all. I hold my tongue at the noblesse oblige. I am the matriarch here and my bedroom will never be used by any of these people who think they are royalty. They can just go back home for all I care. No one invited them. Rays wife was the only one who had not said a bad word about anything and her kids are polite and treat others with respect and kindness. Lily and Grace were raised better ,but are behaving badly. My attorney has been on me about my will recently after the added family members he wants me to leave something for my new additions including the Jones children. So I have. I am thinking that something is up and Ray jr arriving after hearing he nearly didn't make it back into the country due to issues and the flying restrictions. Soon at the meal things make themselves clear and Lily brings up my will. I blow her off and say it is all filed and my attorney has it and a copy is with the courts. It was filed two weeks ago. Now let's talk about Christmas Day and dinner along with my getting the decorations put up.
Lily
I want to know what is in your will now mom.
Mrs Steele
Well you won't until I die, so don't ask again. I can leave you a dollar and you can't contest it. So the next time you demand to know what is in my will I will change it and you will get a dollar. Are we clear and I look at all my children. Ray jr agrees and says it is in poor form to question one about their wills at supper or any other time. I finally get to meet my grandchildren and my children s spouses. Ray jr is married to Constance and they have Donald, Daisy, Liam and Carla. We had to get cribs for the babies and we got them delivered and set up by the stores that delivered them. They heard the Steele name and ten thousand dollars later the barn house and the guest rooms were all looking like a magazine ad. We a short staffed and the nannies are enjoying their time off for Christmas. Roger's wife is not to my liking. Kim and her brats and I mean brats broke a few antiques and refused to apologize or offer to clean the mess up. Dawn Elizabeth and Timothy wouldn't mind anyone. Well I told them to stay out of my house until they can behave. Kim had words with me and I reminded her she and her children are guests in my home grandchildren or not they are to behave or leave and take her with them. I informed her this is my home and my rules if her kids can't mind and she refuses to make them mind and I said the same to Roger. He said well at some point we will inherit the property and it will be ours. I told him that if he thinks I will leave him and his brats anything that they don't care about now they sure won't care for it when I die. So a dollar it will be for them and laughed as I walked away. Then Aaron
, Lily's husband started asking how many acres I owned I told him it was none of his business. He kept checking my watt knots and asking me questions regarding the value of something. He kept writing notes and whispering to Lily who smiled at him telling her a number. Laurel and Aaron jr walked around like they were above it all. They asked if the thread count on the sheets were such and such then demanded for better sheets and the laundry detergent be changed to accommodate their delicate skin. Samantha, Cameron's wife was a whole different ball game, she thinks I am too wealthy. Their kids Daisy, Emma and Asher are normal children. I think. Grace's husband Samuel have three children Samuel jr, Case and Paul loved to have fun and they have good manners and Grace reminds me of the Grace in Seattle. At least some of the kids are enjoying it here.