Chapter 23: Findings

-Nightmare's POV-

"Error hasn't called." I stare at my phone while walking around the au, giving people nightmares as they sleep. "And one hour is almost up already." Blue and Dream a while ago had already 'rescued' Geno from my grasp. Now all I'm doing is waiting out the time before going back to base. "...Should I just check up on her?"

'But that wouldn't be a good idea.' I can hear a part of me think out loud. 'Especially since my aura is easily detectable for Dream. Maybe I should send someone else instead?' I look at my contacts, stopping when I see Killer's name. I ring him up, waiting for an answer.

"Yes Boss?" I hear Killer ask from the other side of the phone.

"Are you and Horror done giving out food yet?"

"Almost. Is something the matter?"

"I need you to go check up on Error. She hasn't called yet."

"Alright." Killer hangs up. I look at the time to see there is only 3 minutes left. I decided to portal back to base as I waited for the call. The others start to make their way back to the base as well. I can see Cross making an annoyed face while he stares at the air next to him. I can see floating food that is quickly disappearing one bite after another.

Horror also steps in, holding another drumstick. Where does he even get those from? Dust walks in, having just destroyed an au. I can see the fresh dust falling off him. Maybe I should check if this castle of mine has a restroom? These guys could use a bath.

"I take it that Geno returned to the Star-Sans without issue?" Cross ask.

"Yes. Good thing that brother of mine is stupid. They bought the whole hostage situation quite easily."

"Were they all there with you? Because I didn't see anyone from the Star-Sans team I'm familiar with fighting me in the au I was in." Dust asks.

"Familiar with?" I question.

"Yeah. Looks like they recruited a new member in their group. A Sans who goes by the name of Fell. He looks like an edgy version of us, really. Too much red."

"I see...I didn't see Ink there with me."

"Oh, wonder where he was then if he wasn't with you or me."

Suddenly, my phone rings. I look at the screen and see Killer's name. I pick up. "Did you find Error?" I ask.

"...Error isn't here."

"What?" My animosity leaks out of me. I can see Cross tense up from it. Killer must have sensed this, because he quickly informs me of something else.

"She might not be here, but her toy bunny is."

I hung up the phone, my bad feeling growing more. I motion for the others to follow me. Opening a portal, I step inside Error's anti-void. I can see Killer standing there while holding Error's toy.

"Split up and search around the area. Check if there was any magic used earlier today. I want you to spike up your aura if you do find something twice." I command. They split up and begin spreading out their magic.

"...This toy bunny feels strange." Killer comments. I noticed that too.

"Give me it." I grab the toy using my tentacle. I examine what could possibly be wrong with it. "...This has the signature of another being. I don't know who though. I'll ask Geno about it later when he sleeps. He was there when Error got this toy."

"Do you perhaps think Ink has something to do with this? I mean, he's the only other being besides Error who can make portals that don't leave behind magic residue." Killer asks.

"It could be possible. He wasn't there protecting the aus when Dust and I were destroying or messing with them. Only his minions."

I hear the others teleport back into the living room.

"Sorry, I didn't feel anything amiss. Whoever took her didn't leave a trace of magic anywhere." Cross says, frowning.

Suddenly, I hear Horror sniffing the air. I turn to look and see him leaning next to the couch. He growls at whatever he found.

"Is something the matter Horror?" I ask, walking up to the couch as well.

"...Drug." He sounds.

In all my years of existence, I've never heard that term before. But whatever it is, it must be very bad. Because everyone tenses up at it. Now then, how to ask without looking stupid...I know.

"What kind of drug?"

"Can knock out anyone immediately."

So basically, a super sleeping pill. But from the way he toned it, it must be meant for kidnapping. Who does Error trust enough to let get close to her? Now that I think about it, she tends to hug even strangers... I should probably teach her about stranger danger then once I find her.

"Do you guys remember the Star-Sans' base? I want us to immediately go there now."

"I do." Dust says. "But if they're smart, they'd probably already move bases. Worth checking though." He opens a portal to their base. We all step in. As expected, they did move. Still worth checking though.

"Look around for any potential leads. I doubt they had enough time to take everything with them."

"Yes Boss!"

We all begin rummaging through cabinets of what seems to be piles and piles of papers. All with tiny notes engraved for someone to remember. I skim through each sheet, hoping to find a lead. But I'm only met with scorn from each page, basically bad mouthing me and my gang. Ink is really starting to piss me off.

"I think I found something!" Cross shouts. We all teleport to where he stands. I can see him holding some sort of binder.

"Where did you find this?" I ask.

"I didn't find it. Papy and Chara did. They said they found it underneath a fake floorboard. It was locked, but they found the key." Cross explains. Wait, can he see Papy?

"Well, open it." Killer says, obviously in a rush. We all are at this point. We're supposed to be sleeping by now, not getting more stressed out.

Cross flips open the binder. Whatever he saw made his eye flare up with concern and rage.

"Entry Log 10, 577, 263. It has come to my attention that I'll need to take drastic measures to ensure that I can keep feeling these feelings. Error keeps leaving me without warning and I don't want to go another day drinking these bland vials. So, I had decided to keep her somewhere only I will have access to. Even if it means a repeat of that incident. -Ink."